Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Santa, I need a Moose Spot

Default Dear Santa, I need a Moose Spot

Man, been pouring over the maps, regs, google earth. Cant decide where to explore. But its consuming a big chunk of my time and im getting nothing accomplished. I need to be studying for my plumbing contractors license.

Here is my wish list for a spot

1. Good visibility
    2. Accessible by ATV. Dont mind making my own trail
    3. No crowds
    4. Any Bull area would be nice

I want to just trek back in somewhere, camp out for a couple of weeks, relax with a plush camp, not worry about a bunch of people coming in and blowing everything up. And see some shootable moose of course.

Ive been to all the well known areas, they are not filling my needs.

So if anyone can help this is all I want for christmas. And I already asked my wife but she said she doesnt know a spot. So she will be getting a blender.

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    Man, been pouring over the maps, regs, google earth. Cant decide where to explore. But its consuming a big chunk of my time and im getting nothing accomplished. I need to be studying for my plumbing contractors license.

1. Good visibility
    3. No crowds

I want to just trek back in somewhere, camp out for a couple of weeks, relax with a plush camp, not worry about a bunch of people coming in and blowing everything up.

So if anyone can help this is all I want for christmas. And I already asked my wife but she said she doesnt know a spot. So she will be getting a blender.

Thats easy.........Moose creek, Moose River, Moose Lake, Moose Pass, Moose Mountain, Moose Meadow. On a more serious note: I would suggest Figure Eight Lake in Unit# 11

1. Good visibility
    3. No crowds

I want to just trek back in somewhere, camp out for a couple of weeks, relax with a plush camp, not worry about a bunch of people coming in and blowing everything up. And see some shootable moose of course.

Matt, I doubt there is such a place, especially if it has atv access! Good luck on your quest.

If such a place existed, I would have been there already !

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Mat i have just the place for you... but i know how you feel about me sharing things online... SOOOO... !
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

If Santa's busy finding you a spot, tell him to send those other short little bastids to my house to shovel snow..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    If Santa's busy finding you a spot, tell him to send those other short little bastids to my house to shovel snow..
    better get them while they can still get around in it...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Mat i have just the place for you... but i know how you feel about me sharing things online... SOOOO... !
    Well you and Akres made me see the light, you converted me. Soooooo Fire away

Got the spot for you:

Lots of moose, no other hunters, easy access with really good trails, shoot anything you like:

Kincaid Park

Get there soon. Now that the word is out, it's going to get overrun...
    -Gr
    My signature is awesome.

I get on here wanting some help and Im getting none. What happened to the spirit of helping your fellow hunter out?

I get on here wanting some help and Im getting none. What happened to the spirit of helping your fellow hunter out?

uhh.... "If an American is to amount to anything he must rely upon himself, and not upon the State; he must take pride in his own work, instead of sitting idle to envy the luck of others. He must face life with resolute courage, win victory if he can, and accept defeat if he must, without seeking to place on his fellow man a responsibility which is not theirs."- Theodore Roosevelt

pot, meet kettle.. lol

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Well you and Akres made me see the light, you converted me. Soooooo Fire away
    Take the Solemn Oath to Defend Vince and I to the death; Denounce your Superior's that you have been beholding to, on the forum, and I will spill the beans. Last time in there, it took all of 15 minutes glassing to pick out the bull I wanted to kill...how bad do you want it?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

You forgot moose park. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    uhh.... "If an American is to amount to anything he must rely upon himself, and not upon the State; he must take pride in his own work, instead of sitting idle to envy the luck of others. He must face life with resolute courage, win victory if he can, and accept defeat if he must, without seeking to place on his fellow man a responsibility which is not theirs."- Theodore Roosevelt

pot, meet kettle.. lol
    I dont think Roosevelt had moose hunting spots in mind when he said this.. And I certainly didnt have that in mind when I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Take the Solemn Oath to Defend Vince and I to the death; Denounce your Superior's that you have been beholding to, on the forum, and I will spill the beans. Last time in there, it took all of 15 minutes glassing to pick out the bull I wanted to kill...how bad do you want it?
    I rimfirematt Solemnly swear to Defend AKres and vince against all threats foreign and Domestic on the forum. I denounce my superiors on the forum.

Livengood?

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    Livengood?
    I was looking at that area. More around the border of the yukon river though. Like hess creek. Whats the terrain up there like. Its mostly spruce isnt it. And thick? any good spots to get up and glass from.

Different kinda hunting around livengood not a lot of spot and stalk. Late season calling or still hunt the timber in the heat. Any bull though.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    Different kinda hunting around livengood not a lot of spot and stalk. Late season calling or still hunt the timber in the heat. Any bull though.
    yep pretty thick up there..

not to bad since the flats burned real good... lots of moose got mooved that way in 09

rather hilly, some steep some steeper.. lots of trails.. lots of preserve also. lots of bears too..

that country is one of those places if you walk off the road.. 70 feet.. you dont see no one else. even the semis going by...

its work. got some great opportuinty.for someone willing to WORK.

meet on face book here

20 B and 20C are also any bull areas.. though B has a short season 9/1-9/15.. theres a crap load of it never sees a hunter

20C is 1/3 nat park... hard to get in / out of not a lot of moose left in it... been any bull a long time... we are working on getting it some surveys and pred control as harvest numbers are down some... but it takes $$$ for the dept to do so..

but what is interesting.. is that no one has yelled aobut asking on the forum yet... hmm

oh yeah... LOL

Matt ya aint said how long ya got when ya want. or if you got summer to learn it..

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast