Thread: Finally got out there and did sum fishin!

Default Finally got out there and did sum fishin!

Well a buddy and I hit one of the local lakes here in town 3 days in a row. ice is 7" fishing was hot at times and slow at others, hardly had time to drink a beer before a fish would hit. best time was around 1pm, fishing in about 15 feet of water....was fishing leech jigs modified with a stinger hook, works like a charm..... lots of nice char to be had if you know where to go. biggest so far is 22" and we lost 3 that were much bigger than that. hooked a 12" char yesterday and had a beast chasin him around tryin to eat him. then my buddy hooked him and broke him off! i need stronger line, 2# test just doesnt cut it! i will post pics soon.

TIP: if you have a shanty/shelter, when you drill your hole, make it three holes (mickey mouse style) and then get it as dark as you can in your shelter....you can see everything thats goin by you much better than with just a regular hole. If you fish with a leech jig, cut a slit in the tail and put a stinger hook with a 2 inch leader thru it, so the stinger hook is hanging off the back of it, and jig it non-stop slowly up and down, with little twitches now and then, and every 3 or 4 minutes reel it up fast to the top and then let it free fall. the char cant resist it and they hit it HARD! especially on the way down. hope this helps someone.

Release Lake Trout

Maybe next time I'll have some free time and I'll show you guys how to land a big char through the ice.Just kidding around,those were some decent fish.I remeber my last bow on the ice out in talkeetna,remember how he swam in the overflow back to the hole and got away?That was classic!Can't wait to finally get out there on the hardwater.Oh ya next time share some pics.

Your brother hasnt emailed me the pics and videos yet, he took em with his Iphone. just waitin for him to do that and ill get em posted asap. my camera was dead. yea those talkeetna bows was awesome fishing, we need to go back soon, hopefully after i recover from the surgery. I remember i laughed at you when you lost that big bow and then the same thing happened to me. then i had that monster bow tryin to eat my fish camera and i missed him twice with shrimp. sometimes you get em, sometimes you dont.

Release Lake Trout