Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Got Lynx back from Taxidermist yesterday

  1. #1
    Member AKHunterNP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    902

    Default Got Lynx back from Taxidermist yesterday

    I got my Lynx from last year back from the taxidermist today. Kathy at Foxy Beaver was great. I am totally impressed with her work. As most of you probably know the face is the hardest thing to do on a cat and I think it came out great. The only problem I have now is I want to put it in my office at work and my wife won't let me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 029.jpg   031.jpg  
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

  2. #2
    Moderator hunt_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla--Cantwell Transplant
    Posts
    4,600

    Default

    Looks great!

  3. #3
    Member joefish00000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    510

    Default

    nice lookin mount! did you get a decent price?

  4. #4

    Default

    Listen to your wife. You could very well unknowingly allienate half of the folks coming into an office, with dead animals sitting around. Not too many nowdays appreciate the Art of Taxidermy. You could 'probably' get by with hanging a picture of it, IF you put a caption under it like "Wild Alaska". That kinda stuff drives 'em bonkers and they will think you are 'one of them'.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    4,034

    Default

    Awesome mount! Thanks for sharing!

  6. #6
    Member AKHunterNP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Listen to your wife. You could very well unknowingly allienate half of the folks coming into an office, with dead animals sitting around. Not too many nowdays appreciate the Art of Taxidermy. You could 'probably' get by with hanging a picture of it, IF you put a caption under it like "Wild Alaska". That kinda stuff drives 'em bonkers and they will think you are 'one of them'.
    Actually I would probably prefer to alienate half the people that come in my office.

    Quote Originally Posted by joefish00000 View Post
    nice lookin mount! did you get a decent price?
    $900
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

  7. #7
    Member Mountain Man Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Los Anchorage
    Posts
    308

    Default

    That cat turned out nice. That's not too bad of a price at all for a lifesize. Very nice.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Nice looking cat! I hope to add one of those to my collection someday.

  9. #9

    Default

    Nice cat mount. Maybe if you put a sign in your office that said "Don't feed the Lynx" and had some lynx or bobcat sounds playing your wife would like the idea. Just tell people it sleeps with its eyes opened and head up.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •