Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petitioning WalMart to carry 10mm ammo if you're interested....

Default Petitioning WalMart to carry 10mm ammo if you're interested....

These guys are circulating an online petition to get WalMart to start carrying 10mm ammo and I thought some here might care to support that effort.

Not that I'd buy from anyone but the local guys who've been taking care of me all this time, but it would be nice if they did carry some in case pickings ever got slim at some point in the future.

http://www.petitiononline.com/YellowTT/petition.html

I would like to petition everyone to never step foot in wallmart and send them packing.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

If your shooting something that is difficult to get ammo for or that is overly expensive you need to start reloading. I will never be without ammo for anything I shoot as I have powder, primers, bullets,lead and molds for everything I own except 22lr. I have plenty of 22lr also. The stuff is on the shelves now, Get it now before you can't. I sure got tired of people whining because they couldn't get there favorite whatever. If you think it's expensive now, wait until Obama's 3 trillion inflation package takes full effect. Spend your money right now on stuff that will hold value before your money loses all its value. 10mm ammo can be bought but your not going to find it at a lot of places or in a lot of variaty.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I would like to petition everyone to never step foot in wallmart and send them packing.
    I'll sign it.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I stand by Ken at Wild West Guns, to fill my ammo needs. They (he) take a big risk in being willing to import huge amounts of ammo. I would be more interested in off setting their risk, by putting up a 25% deposit on a large order. I just bought 2,000 rounds. I'll spend my money with Ken and Jim, and buy my groceries at Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I just bought 2,000 rounds.
    If you're buying that much, reloading would save you a fair amount of money and provide you with a steady supply of ammo.

Using 10mm as an example, reusing your existing brass, and the following components:
    Montana Gold Bullets, 180gr JHP - $141 per thousand
    Accurate Arms #9 powder - $30 a pound
    Large Pistol Primers - $35 a thousand

A little math calculates the cost at about $235 per thousand rounds.

These prices can be improved on, as well. Using a plated bullet will save you money, and the powder and primer prices can be reduced by buying in larger quantities and watching for sales.

Using a price quote from your current supplier:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    180 gr JHP, remanufactured by HSM. It will be $360 per case of 1000. Great practice ammo.

It should be out by Wednesday. Beacause its my last 10mm shipment till spring, limit one case per customer, no dealers, limited supply
    Using this example, you'd save $125 per thousand rounds and wouldn't be subject to the seasonal ebb and flow of the retailer's stock on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I stand by Ken at Wild West Guns, to fill my ammo needs. They (he) take a big risk in being willing to import huge amounts of ammo. I would be more interested in off setting their risk, by putting up a 25% deposit on a large order. I just bought 2,000 rounds. I'll spend my money with Ken and Jim, and buy my groceries at Walmart.
    And I'd buy my groceries from Ken too, if he carried them! Ken always gets my first buck when it comes to firearms and ammo purchases (and often enough, my last buck too!) I just thought it might be nice if someday when, I might need a box or two, if they had some on the shelves in that place, (like maybe if I'm down south or something) I'm no fan of WalMart, but I am a fan of a 10mm. Not to mention, if someones going to the trouble to petition them to do something "pro gun" Im in favor of sending that message as well. But no problem, I just thought some of you might care to add your voice to the thing, its a pretty simple petition to sign up for, and I've gotten no junk mail associated with signing it so far so I'm pretty convinced its legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in Alaska View Post
    If you're buying that much, reloading would save you a fair amount of money and provide you with a steady supply of ammo. Using this example, you'd save $125 per thousand rounds and wouldn't be subject to the seasonal ebb and flow of the retailer's stock on hand.
    So long as Ken is able to keep supplying my needs in that .40 cents a round ballpark, I'll keep saving my bullets, powder, and primers for someday when I wasnt trying in any way to cut Ken out of my business (I cant afford to) nor my reloading suppliers... With an ever so small bit of pre-planning on my part, its not all that hard to deal with the seasonal ebb and flow as he rotates his ammo stocks.

I sold product to big box stores, nothings easy when it comes to jumping through their hoops, good luck but I don't see a few guys will change their minds
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    10mm ammo can be bought but your not going to find it at a lot of places or in a lot of variaty.
    I have sold a lot of 10mm. 14 variaties from Double Tap! Still offer free shipping to my door. Price is in the middle compared to corbon and cheap junk stuff. I don't plink, I shoot what I hunt with. .22lr kit is for plinking with the 10mm.

I guess i should have stated what I thought to be obvious. 10mm can be bought but your not going to find it in stock locally in a lot of places or variaties. My fault for the misunderstanding. I plink with all my guns even those that are a lot harder to get ammo for than the 10mm.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    I guess i should have stated what I thought to be obvious. 10mm can be bought but your not going to find it in stock locally in a lot of places or variaties. My fault for the misunderstanding. I plink with all my guns even those that are a lot harder to get ammo for than the 10mm.
    I have 3 loads in stock of 10mm. Can order anything from DT. I have Equalizer-230gr, 200gr Full metal jacket, and 230gr hardcast.

Alright, alright... I'm sorry for bringing it up already.... it was a horrible idea and I was a moron for thinking anyone would see any value in it... never mind afterall. Please, could one of you mods just delete the whole thread!

I'm just a simple man and take a simple approach!! Why doesn't one of these petitioners just ask the Gun Counter Clerk to order some 10mm ammo? Am I missing something.
    My Walmart (Kodiak) stocks 10mm - on the shelves as we speak. As they are stocked from Anch, I would have thought resolving these guys 'BIG ISSUE' would be fairly simple.
    But then my local WW has pretty much every Cal you could think of and some exotic loads - Corbon, Hornady, Buffaloe Bore, Alaskan Backpacker, Brenneke just to name a few.

We just got more Corbon 10mm in

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    I'll sign it.

Smitty of the North
    Me too. Sign me up.

Support local business. There are ammunition manufactures here in state that have a much better selection to chose from. The only thing is you have to use that thing called the "Internet" to find the phone number. Call them up if you buy in bulk they may even make some customized loads for ya. Oh and the prices, aren't that bad.

Who Manufactures ammo in AK?
    Shipping ammo to Kodiak - I'd rather pay capitalist Wal-Mart, but more often I go to my local outfitters and only to WW if they have no stock.

If wal-mart does not carry it... they are not going to...
    Its a business thing with supply demand
    cost of inventory
    profit analysis
    ect.ect. ect.

if you complete these analysis' with the petition to show them the benefit outweighs the cost, you will be on better ground.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by nbh40 View Post
    I'm just a simple man and take a simple approach!! Why doesn't one of these petitioners just ask the Gun Counter Clerk to order some 10mm ammo? Am I missing something.
    My Walmart (Kodiak) stocks 10mm - on the shelves as we speak. As they are stocked from Anch, I would have thought resolving these guys 'BIG ISSUE' would be fairly simple.
    But then my local WW has pretty much every Cal you could think of and some exotic loads - Corbon, Hornady, Buffaloe Bore, Alaskan Backpacker, Brenneke just to name a few.
    I never meant to imply it was a "Big Issue", in fact, I sort of agree with the guys who would rather petition to never shop there and I dont for the most part... I just thought it might be nice in case I ever needed some and wasnt closeby to my favorite ammo connection (WWG by the way) and you can feel free to ask them in there if I tend to support local businesses or not... I'm sure I konw what Ken or any of the workers there will tell you... Guess I ought to just fly down to Kodiak to support that Walmart!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast