Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petersville snow????????

Default Petersville snow????????

Looking at hitting P ville sunday, who rode today? Fresh news? How much snow?

From the WILLOW trail report... Just willow not Pville 5" on a 8" layer for willow. Pville should have alot of snow, more than willow if everyone and their family isnt out there.
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Lake creek fishermen View Post
    From the WILLOW trail report... Just willow not Pville 5" on a 8" layer for willow. Pville should have alot of snow, more than willow if everyone and their family isnt out there.
    Yea, I got all the reports from the guy's 'who want to make money' today, looking for guy's that were riding there today for a REAL FRESH update.

Thanks

Yeah I never ride up there, Maybe someday ill go bust through the mardgra there... :P
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

SNOW SNOW SNOW they just got like 16" of fresh this weekend friday and saturday

We had a good day up there yesterday. Got up there before the plow trucks had an opportunity to plow the road and the parking lots. Got stuck a couple times just trying to get the truck and trailer parked. There was approx. 10" of fresh snow in the parking lots. The parking lots were not nearly as packed as they were the weekend before. For those who haven't been up there, the parking lots do get full but there are so many miles of open area that we run into so few other sledders once we start playing. Snow depth was between 3' - 5' with some fields being a little windblown but still relatively soft snow.

For current snow depths and weather conditions, check out www.kennycreeklodge.com

We rode there on Saturday, snow was killer with a good base and about 2 feet of soft snow on top of it. The road in was terrible but I guess that comes with the territory.

I'm looking to ride there on Friday, if you are planning on going and don't mind me tagging along that would be great. Or I can ride anyplace that has good snow in South Central. HIt me up with a pm or shoot me an e-mail.

We were there Saturday. The snow up in the Little Peters Hills was very nice- about a 3' base with 2' of nice, fresh powder on top. Only found one field that was windblown, all the other fields were soft. As mentioned before, the road sucks and will beat you death to the Forks Roadhouse, gets narrow but smooth after that. The swamps weren't good- they were packed pretty hard with only about 6" of powder on top. I'd skip the swamps and head for the hills.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

We found plenty of good snow in the swamps, for some in our group it was a virtual stuckfest. We hit some spots where the snow was over the top of the hood of our sleds. Still looking for a someone to ride with on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    We found plenty of good snow in the swamps, for some in our group it was a virtual stuckfest. We hit some spots where the snow was over the top of the hood of our sleds. Still looking for a someone to ride with on Friday.
    We ended up at mile 121, good powder and had a blast! Heading back up this sunday 12-12-10! If you can go John, let me know! I think we are headed back to mile 121 but will hit the east/west trail, run it to Pville for a burger and beer then back, hitting powder in the swamps on the way and back!

There today! Dito on the road to the Roadhouse & beyond, a few good swamp areas, mostly windblown everywhere, Parking lots were full too. Temps 14ish. Good day for the 2nd time out.

lil rippin out at petersville this weekend, made this video to show some folks on another board my can, the can is a bikeman powderlite muffler on an etec 800 renegade x, riding was ok out there, trails were nice cuz they were groomed to forks and kenny creek lodge

nice i like being able to see your speedo..

this pic was on tuesday, still some awesome snow back there to be had, just gotta find it

Cool vid! We ran up on sunday but ran the trail from trapper creek up over the top to kenny creek then back on the east/west trail. No powder around there, but the trails were smooth and fast! Looks like we are headed up in the morning, same area maybe? Heavy snow advisory in affect tomorrow, 12"-24", so we shall see in the morning. If it's nasty we'll head up sunday for fresh powder!

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    Cool vid! We ran up on sunday but ran the trail from trapper creek up over the top to kenny creek then back on the east/west trail. No powder around there, but the trails were smooth and fast! Looks like we are headed up in the morning, same area maybe? Heavy snow advisory in affect tomorrow, 12"-24", so we shall see in the morning. If it's nasty we'll head up sunday for fresh powder!
    i keep debating on whether to just ride from the house in wasilla over to big lake and just hit the trails or ride outta deshka or run up to petersville today, still not sure what i'm doing yet, but i think i will wait for sunday for petersville as well, should be an awesome day for rippin it all up out there, i heard it was supposed to be 22 inches west of the parks highway by the end of today.... fun fun fun!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by franklinfleagle View Post
    i keep debating on whether to just ride from the house in wasilla over to big lake and just hit the trails or ride outta deshka or run up to petersville today, still not sure what i'm doing yet, but i think i will wait for sunday for petersville as well, should be an awesome day for rippin it all up out there, i heard it was supposed to be 22 inches west of the parks highway by the end of today.... fun fun fun!!!!

I hear ya...... Woke up at 5am to 36* and light rain with wind this morning. No riding for us today, will head up tomorrow to Pville.

just got back we got a ton of new snow then it warmed up making for more great base. had to dig the truck out of the parkinglot!! was a blast. Everyone else got rain we got snow and was great weather. best new years we've had in years.

1/1/11 lots of snow back there on the first, no bottom to it... should have settled down by now though with all the warm weather and stuff... this was my one and only stuck of the day on the 1st back in the dutch hills, after that i made it a point to not get stuck lol...

any body been up since we got snow here in town?? did we get more up at Pville?
    He who don't float. Don't follow the ARGO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast