Thread: The .375 Ruger African

Default The .375 Ruger African

I made my monthly stop at the gun shop today and was handed the .375 Ruger African model to look at. Over all I was impressed. I really liked the stock. Nice piece of walnut and slender in the forearm and grip. Checkering was nice for a factory rifle. The recoil pad is very soft but only about a 1/2" thick. I liked the 23" barrel. Made the gun seem very well balanced and should help with the velocity that big case can produce. The iron sights were good. Solid standing rear leaf and white line. Has a barrel band front sight but that white bead looked fragile to me. It is a light weight .375 and should be easy for all day carry. Recoil should be right up there. I also looked at one of the rounds for it and that neck looked short for a .40 caliber bullet but I am sure it will be done. Now if they would just chamber that same rifle in a .375 H&H...........

Default The 375 Ruger African

Thanks for the info. I am considering buying the Alaskan version of this rifle. There is alot of interesting opinions on this forum.

KatzMO

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    I made my monthly stop at the gun shop today and was handed the .375 Ruger African model to look at. Over all I was impressed... Now if they would just chamber that same rifle in a .375 H&H...........
    Ouch!!! ;D Talk about hurtin' Ruger's feelings...