Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 171

Thread: Gold Rush TV Show

  1. #1
    Premium Member denalihunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    67 mi E of Cantwell, 68 mi W of Paxson
    Posts
    1,371

    Default Gold Rush TV Show

    I know there was another thread that touched on this, but wanted to get some opinions on the prospecting forum. I watched the show, and couldn't help but notice all the things they did. I'm usually one to mind my own business, but they are sure going to put a black eye on the mining business, especially the small operators. A couple of observations below:

    1) crossing the old bridge with the first excavator, and that was obviously overweight, unless the weight on the bridge is different then I remember.

    2) running the second excavator across the river, nearly losing it and killing people.

    3) exclaiming that everything was theirs at the end.

    I don't see how this show is going to be good for anything... but I'll probably keep watching just to see what ignorant things they will do next.

    Would sure like to know everyone's thoughts.

    Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

  2. #2
    Member GrizzlyH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wasilla, AK
    Posts
    575

    Default

    I'll watch it when they class up the show a bit and get Lisa Kelly to drive the truck...LOL
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I downloaded this show[episode 1], amazed by their approach! It didnt look to professional, especially the big river crossing! Curious how this show, plan, will work out for them, and if they be able to locate some gold of just gonna suffer for their poor preparations. Does someone know when episode 2 releases?

    Survivalist.

  4. #4
    Member kantill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sutton AK
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Last night's show was much worst than the first, between them digging holes all over the place with no rime or reason. To the killing a bear because they are stupid to leave food out. So far not looking good for them.

  5. #5
    Member Bsj425's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Yeah a bunch of whiney grown men freaking out about bears in bear country then shooting one because they were idiots . I am also curious if they has tags which are pricey since
    they are non residents from
    Oregon because that definatly wast a DLP.

  6. #6
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,679

    Default

    I missed last nights show, what channel is it again? Dam I missed them killing a bear? I feel sorry for these guys to have all you arm chair warriors picking every thing they do apart. I think these guys are ingenious for taking their meth money and buying trackhoes and loaders and such. They get to get paid for mining whether they find anything or not. If they do find gold it'll be a bonus. I can't wait to see how they turn on each other when they do strike gold. oh the drama! When does it air again, and whats it called? I wonder if we'll be able to catch back episodes? I like this show heaps better than watching black millionaires running around in tight pants that are call themselves Ochocinco lol

  7. #7

    Default

    Aside from the freakin' idiots leaving food out for the bears, they don't even know what type of bear they had coming into camp. WOW, these dorks need a one way trip back to where they came from. Along with Discovery channel if they can't get there *&^* right either. This is what everybody in the Lower 48 is going to think happens all over Alaska, what a shame. OK my rant is done.

  8. #8
    Member kantill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sutton AK
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    I missed last nights show, what channel is it again? Dam I missed them killing a bear? I feel sorry for these guys to have all you arm chair warriors picking every thing they do apart. I think these guys are ingenious for taking their meth money and buying trackhoes and loaders and such. They get to get paid for mining whether they find anything or not. If they do find gold it'll be a bonus. I can't wait to see how they turn on each other when they do strike gold. oh the drama! When does it air again, and whats it called? I wonder if we'll be able to catch back episodes? I like this show heaps better than watching black millionaires running around in tight pants that are call themselves Ochocinco lol
    So you have no problem with them killing a bear that was not showing one sign of aggression and main reason that the bear was in "their" camp was because they left out food. Either they find the gold or not their actions affect that land so either by killing animals because they got scared or by destroying the land by ripping it apart has nothing to do with us arm chair warriors picking it apart.

  9. #9
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kantill View Post
    So you have no problem with them killing a bear that was not showing one sign of aggression and main reason that the bear was in "their" camp was because they left out food. Either they find the gold or not their actions affect that land so either by killing animals because they got scared or by destroying the land by ripping it apart has nothing to do with us arm chair warriors picking it apart.
    Kantill people have been killing bears for no reason long before these fellas. There used to be a bounty on them. Hunters bait bears and kill them all the time. Wild animals that destroy property get killed in any culture. Why is it so wrong that it happened in this instance? Oh and last time I checked you have to tear apart the land to extract minerals.

  10. #10
    Member kantill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sutton AK
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Well according to you we lower 48 people don't have a right to even be up there so it would seem that you would be upset no matter what. I have no problems in killing a bear as a hunter or if the bear is threating you, or your property. But this was neither this was lack understanding on what was going on something certain people share on this forum. Yes you will need to dig to find gold but digging with no rime or reason is just shows lack on any plan. Since you are speaking about a show you have not seen allow me to educate you on the history of this show. They have reports on the land and how much gold is the land so to have this type of information they should know where the larger amounts of gold are at.

  11. #11
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kantill View Post
    Well according to you we lower 48 people don't have a right to even be up there so it would seem that you would be upset no matter what. I have no problems in killing a bear as a hunter or if the bear is threating you, or your property. But this was neither this was lack understanding on what was going on something certain people share on this forum. Yes you will need to dig to find gold but digging with no rime or reason is just shows lack on any plan. Since you are speaking about a show you have not seen allow me to educate you on the history of this show. They have reports on the land and how much gold is the land so to have this type of information they should know where the larger amounts of gold are at.
    I saw the 1st one where they were crossing the bridge. Thanks for bringing me up to date anyway. I admit I'm proprietary over Alaska, and I admit its unfounded. I have had the fortune of being raised here and I got to experience Alaska during a more innocent time, frankly I miss it. I am very out of line w/ my outbursts when it comes to new people that come here. I can't explain why I'm prejudice against newcomers I just am. I'm not claiming its right. As for bears, I kill em, I've had legal issues for killing bears and had to pay the piper. I don't like em nor do quite a few folks I know that live around them. I'm not a sport hunter, I hunt for meat Not very long ago my relatives made a living killing things, they used to dynamite pods of seals laying on sand bars from the air (state sanctioned), earlier in the century during territorial days the cannery or "company" payed people to kill bald eagles, bears, sealions, orcas and belugas for bounty, eagles feet fetched 3 bucks a set, thats not bad money in the 30's. I see your point about digging w/ no rhyme or reason, thats annoying plus you know they're spilling fuel and oil. Do you know when the next episode airs?

    (don't tell timothy treadwell but I'd have blasted mr chocolate in the short hairs)

  12. #12

    Default

    According to the scuttlebutt in Haines, their total take for last Summer was 16 ounces. I'm guessing it did not pencil out for them. So far they have not been very impressive on a lot of fronts.

  13. #13
    Member kantill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sutton AK
    Posts
    158

    Default

    I can respect that fullbush I really can and trust me this is not the first time in my life that someone doesn't like the idea of me moving to their state that I am not originally from, so I really don't take personally. I think it airs on fridays but not since my wife is the one who setup the dvr and that it is how I saw it. Wow windypoint that's only a little over twenty grand, I don't think that covered the shipping for their equipment. I hope they do better this year for their families sake.

  14. #14
    Member mossyhorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    853

    Default

    I watched two episodes last night back to back and was appalled. I'm from Oregon and haven't been in Alaska long but I was completely appalled at their lack of understanding for their surroundings. The bear thing really irritated me. If they want to shoot a bear for whatever reason fine. But first of all that wasn't a grizzly and they kept saying grizzly this and grizzly that. I can't believe that between all of them, they couldn't tell that that was a black bear. Then they were all freaked out and having hissy fits over a bear running through their camp. Welcome to Alaska! There's bears all over.

    The lead guy and his dad are a piece of work too. I don't know a whole lot of people that would stand someone talking to them the way he does. Everyone is complaining about the Dorsey guy being unsafe but on the other hand you got the old man that's going to kill someone and no one has said anything to him.

    I'll continue watching it but I just can't believe how ignorant some people can be.

  15. #15
    Member greythorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chasin the ladys! away!
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    I missed last nights show, what channel is it again? Dam I missed them killing a bear? I feel sorry for these guys to have all you arm chair warriors picking every thing they do apart. I think these guys are ingenious for taking their meth money and buying trackhoes and loaders and such. They get to get paid for mining whether they find anything or not. If they do find gold it'll be a bonus. I can't wait to see how they turn on each other when they do strike gold. oh the drama! When does it air again, and whats it called? I wonder if we'll be able to catch back episodes? I like this show heaps better than watching black millionaires running around in tight pants that are call themselves Ochocinco lol

    Heck i kinda like these guys! shooting stuff and tearin up the ground! heck i wonder if they need another guy to help out, or maybe fullbush and I could start our own setup..
    Semper Fi!

  16. #16
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    Heck i kinda like these guys! shooting stuff and tearin up the ground! heck i wonder if they need another guy to help out, or maybe fullbush and I could start our own setup..
    I'm down greythorn. You git the metal detector and I'll bring the vintage porno!

  17. #17
    Member greythorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chasin the ladys! away!
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    I'm down greythorn. You git the metal detector and I'll bring the vintage porno!

    metal detectors are for them new age nerds! i do old school with the witchin sticks
    Semper Fi!

  18. #18
    Member GrizzlyH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wasilla, AK
    Posts
    575

    Default

    LOL........I don't think the bears will get them till after they kill each other.... :)
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

  19. #19
    Member AKFishOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle River (Home!)
    Posts
    1,281

    Default

    I think we all need to remember that this is a TV show, you may see 5 things during an episode that you think are terrible, however those things are what keeps the show in good reviews. Boasting the most watched Friday night show (which Friday is I think the lowest watched day) says something for the viewers out there. The common sense, safe, and other stuff that goes on is probably not worthy of airing. As for shooting the bear, the guy had a tag and they ate it...can't see much wrong with that. Coming next is the guys that chuck mail out planes to Alaska villages...what is up with all the Alaska shows, already too many people there. I don't think he came close to getting stuck driving across the river, as he did have a big get unstuck tool with him (the bucket)...

  20. #20
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    metal detectors are for them new age nerds! i do old school with the witchin sticks
    Lets not start arguing about techniques till the network cuts us a deal...
    Hey I wonder if Rex Butler will represent us for nuggets?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •