Thread: O&N Tanks

Default O&N Tanks

I talked to the people at O&N the other day and they said that the 18 gal tank is doable in the 180. That is the bagage wt limit . The woman I spoke to said they have 337's that she would send with the tank and that they get them approved all the time. The tank is $2800.00 complete. For $3200.00 they will install it and get the FAA approval and do the paperwork- thats $3200.00 for both the tank and the install combined. The only draw back is they are in N.E. Penn. They install the tank in a day and a half.

Road trip!
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

I installed one of their tanks into a C-150-150. It took a buddy and I a couple days of goofing around before we got everything to look right. It laid flat in the cargo bay and had carpeting over the top. I think it held 15 gallons.
    There was a little kicker pump that transferred fuel to the right side wing tank. There was a switch that we installed on the panel with a little red light telling you that it was running. There was also some sort of cut-off built into the system that turned off the pump whenever you flew through some bumpy air. The filler was on the right side of the plane. So when you were filling up at the pumps, it looked like you were filling up your pick-up truck.
    That little plane sucked 8 gallons an hour at 125-130 mph. So the extra 1.75 hours of flight time saved you a lot of walking.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

The wife asked me why don't I just buy another 180 with all the mods on it and sell the one we have. Said it would save all the messing around and we would be done and flying. Any questions on why I married her?

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

I am going to check into what is involved getting that Mod...looks like just the ticket before I bring mine north in the spring...thanks for the info...would also like VG's and bubble windows...Already have a horton stol..anyone with thoughts on these mods?...

Indy, where are you starting out from in the spring? If I get the new 180 I'll be runing it up from the east coast, maybe in May.

I like the VGs, but they tear up wing covers. Bubble windows are nice if you got two wide shouldered guys up front, but you lose some speed with them. I'm not doing either to my 185, but thats my $.02

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

If you want or need a need a Place to stay I am about 100 miles west of Indy. I'll shoot you a pm when I get to real puter