Thread: 100/130 green

Default 100/130 green

When did they stop making green 100/130 gas? Have 50 gallons at the lake and was suprised when i opened the drum it was as clear as the day it was pumped. Give car gas a couple of years and it turns into turpentine. Any ideas on what to due with it? Still has some lightends in it and is a good fire starter.

When I was working down in Seward from 86 to 92, somebody found a 55 gallon drum of WWII era purple 140 octane av-gas. It was still very good and was clear as could be. I ran it is my Harley low-rider. They must have used some sort of stabilizing agent in that stuff. I have some regular 100 LL av-gas here that is 5-6 years old and it is just as good now as it was a few years ago. There is a very different amount of quality between av-gas and car-gas.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Wow thats some old gas! The drums at the lake have 1984 on them. Will have to try a mix in the eu2000 gen. and see how that goes. Dont think the sno-gos would like the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    When I was working down in Seward from 86 to 92, somebody found a 55 gallon drum of WWII era purple 140 octane av-gas. It was still very good and was clear as could be. I ran it is my Harley low-rider. They must have used some sort of stabilizing agent in that stuff. I have some regular 100 LL av-gas here that is 5-6 years old and it is just as good now as it was a few years ago. There is a very different amount of quality between av-gas and car-gas.
    Hope you still use the tractor funnel and chamois . . .

Hope you still use the tractor funnel and chamois . . .
    Always, no matter how old it is or how long in has been in a drum or jerry-can. Sometimes I use one of the Mr Funnel fliter funnels, but they have a working-life as well.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com