Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please don't hold it against me....

Default Please don't hold it against me....

Well it is almost 1 am and I am watching the new show "gold rush: alaska". I just moved up here from Oregon and I am nothing like the people depicted in this show. I am sure it will be as great as the others but holy crap, could you pick a bigger bunch of slobs????? I am not one to judge, but if you feel the need to go out of your way to say how you are from Oregon and how great it is there, then I might need to say I lurk on this forum a lot and if someone finds out I am from there please don't hold it against me. I am the father of a 15 month old girl and I hope that I don't have to view her on some reality tv show 20 years from now. I was very excited to move here, and thought that it would be nice to not have outside influences affetcting the life I wanted to live.....Too bad for shows like this in my opinion. I think most will like it, but holy crap, way to be presented in a bad light......I love Oregon if you remove all the people, and I am glad that Alaska fits into my idea of a good place to live, hope all of you that are here feel that I fit in, but these kind of shows are making it tough...sorry if the spelling sucks but I am from Oregon...lol.

They do not have a clue. Should be fined and made to make restitution for any and all damage to our land. Then sent back home.
    They make it look like all miners are reckless and outright dangerous. We have a lot of out of state miners up here that love and respect the land.

You should meet the company "DDD Mining" that bought Candle Alaska's gold patenets from Berg/Whettlesons Arctic Circle Explorations after Candle Mining Company blew tha place.
    Bought it, re-mind the re-re-mined tailings , trashed the place, spilllt fuel all over the place and pissed alotta people off.......

Ive worked in a couple placer mines, some are good and straight forward but alot are crooked as the river is long.....them fly up git rich quick ****s are crazy, stupid and greedy. Its sick.

Been there, quit that.

The real riches in any Alaskan river swims up in Summer and spawns.........
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Oh man I'm horrified that this is gonna start a whole new stampede. Those hillbillies had to cook up a lot of meth to buy the 2 excavators, the lowboy and the loader. Did you guys catch the amount of firepower and ammo they brought for "bear protection" omG I hope this show gets cancelled. If they actually find gold we're in for major onslaught of desperadoes. I've seen it happen once before, my grandfather saw it happen 3 or 4 times.

Ah, comeon.

I don't hold Oregon against you, or against them. I'd be more suspicious of anybody who stayed in that state since it has become a bastion of liberalism and greenweeniness.

Those guys are being no different than miners of the past really; outastaters with big machinery, tying to get away with whatever they can in the pursuit of gold. It's old school.

I did become a little miffed when they claimed the whole countryside as theirs. I hope they find nothing just for that statement. But then, they probably already have gotten big bucks from their contract with the TV folks.

I'd kinda like the reality TV folks to forget about Alaska for a while.

Very Cunning these Media Masterminds. Why else would a show of this nature be aired...at this specific time? Perhaps because the Oprah and Ellen the deginerate crowd want to weigh in on Alaska Issues. :puke:
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Now lets stick a few hundred of them working up on Pebble
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Now lets stick a few hundred of them working up on Pebble
    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Very Cunning these Media Masterminds. Why else would a show of this nature be aired...at this specific time? Perhaps because the Oprah and Ellen the deginerate crowd want to weigh in on Alaska Issues. :puke:
    But I repeat myself. I had no doubt on the show's effectiveness.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

What a bunch of bad ward arse country bunkins! Yeah, out on their luck and $$ and have a couple of excavators worth $500,000+. It was more of a comedy than a reality show. The river crossing was a joke. Water was not even over the tracks! Lucky no one got killed.

Don't feel to bad OP, most of us come from somewhere else where the people are, well, not like the Alaskans we want to become :) You'll be fine...

Don't worry about it Don at least your not from New Jersey like myself. Now there's a show full of desirable people. Come to think about it Jersey has had a bad rap for as long as I can remember! And being Italian doesn't help. Alaskans are very welcoming people and see the person as just that. If you handle yourself accordingly then you should have no problems. If you are a smack tard then it sucks to be you! I have been in Alaska for 15 years and love it. Owe it all to a certain government agency that protects people and...................

The family and I summer near an old mining town on the Northern Seward Pennesula

Even when the wife and I were not empolyed at mines, were were around miners plenty ......as we hunted, fished and gather'd, the oldtimers (Guys who have been at it awhile and go with the flow) would often visit our tents and relate their storys and adventures to the tune of a swig or three, while the newer generation would stop on by call our tenting "living in the dirt","poor" 'waste of time" and I often pointed out who was the dirt coverd ones, and the fact that they were wrestling their living from a non renawable resource that too , came from the ground........A couple have came over in some sorta snobbish way and describe how their millions to come made them the Kings of the Tundra.......~~LOL!!~~ It a laugh to Look whos broke & poor, gone looking for gainfull employment and look whos still around Hunting :D

Id like to see 'em claim the whole of the "country " around 'em,...... seen that before ~~LOL!!~~ and when they are face down in the dirt with a Trooper on top em for waving a gun around, theylll find their side of the fence....

They are also remining an area.....I bet theres planted gold, just for "plotting" to see what happens when bubba gets rich, temporarily......
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I'm from Oregon myself and watched the show last night. I thought it was a joke as they will dramatisized everything. The biggest joke was that they claim to be hit hard by the economy and the only way they can provide for their family is to go mine gold in Alaska??? I mean come on! How much money are they throwing away just getting all their crap up here? And what is the likelyhood of them making enough money to just pay for their expenses and costs let alone a profit?

As least they are kind of working and not just comming up and drawing food stamps and waiting on the PFD check.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    As least they are kind of working and not just comming up and drawing food stamps and waiting on the PFD check.
    That's there back up plan!

What Man in his right mind wouldn't want to be there with them? Haha!! Quite the drama on yet another reality show in Alaska. Why can't they just show real hardworking, intelligent people doing their jobs? Guess it has to do with ratings or whatever. I will probably watch though just because of my interest in mining and enjoy the scenery of places I haven't seen. Maybe with the volume off...

I agree though at least they are attempting to do something rather than draw unemployment.

Wow, now I should run home and TIVO the next episodes just to see what you guys are so disgusted about..... " lol" Ironic is you probably just increased their ratings by posting... lol .. I had forgotten all about trying to watch the show. untill now..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

I seen this show tonight too and i have to agree it is a joke. They spent all of that money to get up here why couldnt they have taken that money and just did something in Oregon? It would have been a lot cheaper. What is with this new media fasination with alaska? It seriously seems like no one else in the rest of the country knew we existed or where even apart of the United States until Palin ran for VP. A few short years ago 52% of the rest of the country thought that we were are own country. Then when i would talk to people else where i always got the questions do you live in an Igloo?

sorta like when i met an alaskan family at the denver airport. we talked and i told them we were from az.
    they asked if i knew their cousin who lived in phx.
    same perspectives....no one has the market cornered.

Does not matter if it is one guy that hitchhiked his way here to pan for color or a group that brought some iron to do it on a larger scale. The economy is down where they were and they a least have the kahoonas to try something. They said they didn't have a clue but they are going to try anyway. Would I go about it this way, doubt it, but I'm not as hungry or desperate as they are either. Kudos to them to have the forethought to bring the cameras along to help with expenses.
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast