Thread: ski doo automatic choke?

Default ski doo automatic choke?

i'm borrowing a 98 ski doo grand touring 700 se. it runs great, but doesn't like to start. how is this engine choked? i was told it has an auto choke, but i can't find any information on it. the online manual says that there is a choke switch, i don't have that switch.

how does this choke work? is there a way to manually choke it?

I think those had a primer not a choke. Look around for a little black knob and pump it 2-3 times.

where would i be looking for that? if it has that, it's not clearly visible.

That machine has an enrichener built into the altitude compensator to help with cold starts. Everything is automatic. BUT, they also got smart and hid a choke lever under the hood. From memory it should be around the air box possibly mounted to the side of it. Look at the carbs and find the throttle cables going into the top center of each carb. Then look at the cables on the right side of the carb and follow those to the choke lever.

that was the initial thought - look for a choke cable, starting at the carbs. the only cable from the carb is the throttle cable. anybody know how this enrichment system works?