Thread: HOPE, ALASKA LAND SALE by Kenai Borough......rare opportunity.

Default HOPE, ALASKA LAND SALE by Kenai Borough......rare opportunity.

Yep rare opportunity to spend big money!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdzone1 View Post
    Yep rare opportunity to spend big money!!
    Well, I'll buy one and sell it in 18 months for twice what I paid. and buy a new $50,000.-- truck for free.

Are you saying 1 acre of residential property in Hope valued from 75 K to 96k will double in 18 months? Is that including the 8oz of gold nuggets thrown in? I own 5 waterfront acres on Latouche Island and it hasn't gone up in value its gone down

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Are you saying 1 acre of residential property in Hope valued from 75 K to 96k will double in 18 months? Is that including the 8oz of gold nuggets thrown in? I own 5 waterfront acres on Latouche Island and it hasn't gone up in value its gone down
    Your Numbers are not correct: the minimun bid is 70% of the offered price, and they are roughly two acres not one acre.

I just sold 1/2 acre in Hope for $34,800.00 Cash (Note: 1/2 ACRE). The lots being offered are two acres and the minimum bid is about $52,600.-- for two acres. Three years ago I sold 9/10 of an acre for $48,875.-- CASH. (Note: that was nine tenths of and acre)

Propetry on Six-Mile creek has been selling for $240,000.-- per acre. There is very, very little private land in the Hope, AK. area. I don't think there will ever be a better chance to buy property here. I already own 15.5 Acres here, which is for sale for $750,000.-- (Note: I paid $41,000.-- for the 15.5 acres eleven years ago).

Three things are important in Real Estate.....Location, Location & Location. Hope is 75 miles from Soldotna, Seward, and Anchorage. All three have Hospitals, which is very important to people in retirement........and that is market demand going forward in Alaska. Old people do not want to live on an Island.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Well, I'll buy one and sell it in 18 months for twice what I paid. and buy a new $50,000.-- truck for free.
    After taxes that will have to be a 30k truck :-)

No offense but, Hope is not a place I would want to live.

Sounds like every Kenai Peninsula Borough resident (who doesn't cash in themselves) should be completely outraged by their government disposing of these properties at this point in time. Talk about a gross mismanagement of assets - selling immediately before it doubles in value.

Quote Originally Posted by alaska4ever View Post
    No offense but, Hope is not a place I would want to live.
    You would rather live in Skwentna? Good luck with the special people that live there year around.

This sale will help to kill off the school, which is what it was intended to save when proposed.

I am surprised, I expected the people on this forum to be more interested in this sale than they have expressed so far. O'well, I remember when Cambell Lake Frontage lots were $10,000. Each. And we sure bought a lot of Wasilla property for $200.00 per acre.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    You would rather live in Skwentna? Good luck with the special people that live there year around.

This sale will help to kill off the school, which is what it was intended to save when proposed.

I don't live in Skwentna, nor would I. I own land up by there. The problem with Hope for me is, to many people and they live to close to each other. A place like that, everyone knows your business. There is one person I know who lives there Carney Joe. A real nice guy and even he likes to go up North to some remote area he owns.

I don't live in Skwentna, nor would I. I own land up by there. The problem with Hope for me is, to many people and they live to close to each other. A place like that, everyone knows your business. There is one person I know who lives there Carney Joe. A real nice guy and even he likes to go up North to some remote area he owns.

Carney Joe, is a top shelf person, I really like him. I live about 9 miles out of Hope, AK. on 15.5 acres. There are 14 people who live here in Sunrise, Alaska. And We are completely surrounded by The Chugach National Forest. In fact all of the property in Sunrise borders Government Land, which can never be sold or developed, as it is classified as "Preservation Watershed". I have two private creeks and three waterfalls on my property & a 175 yard rifle range.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Carney Joe, is a top shelf person, I really like him. I live about 9 miles out of Hope, AK. on 15.5 acres. There are 14 people who live here in Sunrise, Alaska. And We are completely surrounded by The Chugach National Forest. In fact all of the property in Sunrise borders Government Land, which can never be sold or developed, as it is classified as "Preservation Watershed". I have two private creeks and three waterfalls on my property & a 175 yard rifle range.

I visited with Joe a couple of times this summer. He has a cool little place hidden off the road there. He is a really good mechanic also. Your place sounds pretty nice. I see the Discovery Cafe is up for sale now.

What I learned about Skwentna is that if you are within a 50 mile radius they will all know what you are doing. And if they don't know what you are doing they will "speculate" to pass the time waiting for Spernak to show up with the next load of beer.

If you like Joe, you should get to know Kelly Kiesling.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    What I learned about Skwentna is that if you are within a 50 mile radius they will all know what you are doing. And if they don't know what you are doing they will "speculate" to pass the time waiting for Spernak to show up with the next load of beer.

If you like Joe, you should get to know Kelly Kiesling.

I don't know anything about the people in Skwentna and pretty much keep to myself. I don't really have any reason to go there except maybe to use the P.O. Which will probably be once a month if that. People can speculate all they want, won't bother me. The way I look at it "Don't bother me, I won't bother you" Does Kelly live in Hope? I met a couple of other people there just don't remember their names, "OLDTIMERS" There was one old guy I met who drives around all day in his little black truck and drinks a lot. Nice guy.

Does Kelly live in Hope? I met a couple of other people there just don't remember their names, "OLDTIMERS" There was one old guy I met who drives around all day in his little black truck and drinks a lot. Nice guy.
    Yep........He is one of the most knowledgeable gold miners.