Thread: Disappointing manufacturer response...

Default Disappointing manufacturer response...

I have been trying to get in email contact with D-tech and Oly arms and I have been shocked at how poor the response has been. I really wanted to look into a 338wssm upper and got 0 response from D-tech after several emails sent. I got a 1 sentence response back from Oly when asking if their gamestalker uppers could be shot by a lefty. I know that these companies are "related" to a certain extent and am just disappointed with the lack of info for a potential customer. I had planned on buying a pair of uppers one in 25wssm for my oldest boy and one in 338wssm for me. Now I think I will just go with a RRA 458 SOCOM and a Stag 6.8 or an R15 in 30Rem... I also have a buddy that inquired about a dealer account over a month ago and has still not heard anything back.

Anyone else actually have a good response back from these guys? If I can't get a decent response before the sale, what should I expect to get after they have my money?

If you decide to go elsewhere, be sure to send a copy of this thread to them. Only way there's hope for companies like that to change.

I'm such a crusty old digestive gas blast, I now contact a company with questions BEFORE I make any major purchases from them. If they treat me like dirt, I return the favor. Only seems fair. Great way to test whether all the good accounts are from real users or outdoor writers getting special treatment.

lujon; that's pretty streight forward......... and a good reason to guide your selection to another product. public forums (and youtube) can really affect marketshare.
    happy trails.
    jh

I've found that e-mails rarely get answered from companies. I prefer to speak to a human over the phone, get their name, and get answers that way. Seems more efficient.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    I've found that e-mails rarely get answered from companies. I prefer to speak to a human over the phone, get their name, and get answers that way. Seems more efficient.
    That begs the question, why do they have email at all? I always take it up the email question with the voice on the phone, if I have to resort to calling. And I also get the name and address of the right folks to receive a letter complaining about their email system. If I've been so rash as to buy another product due to their unresponsiveness, I include a copy of the label just to emphasize the point that their crappy email setup just cost them a sale. Kinda like driving your new car onto the lot of a competitor and showing it to the manager, after his staff has done you wrong. I've done that too. THAT gets attention at a car lot, and it will do the same with dingbat companies that figure we don't count for much beyond our bank accounts.

Pick up the phone and call Mike at D-Tech. He has been very easy to work with.

I had an upper made by Mike at D-Tech. He's a one-man shop and my first few e-mails to him hit his spam filter. After a phone call and him looking for my e-mails, all future e-mails were answered within a day or two. He built my 6.5 WSSM upper that was killer accurate. He has an exceptional reputation for extremely accurate AR-15 stuff. He was a pleasure to do business with.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

As a side note, he has a ton of business without having to do any real advertising. His business model seems to be much the same as Bob's at Barney's Sports Chalet. If you e-mail or place an order over the internet with Barney's you aren't likely to get an answer...call them or stop by and you'll get professional assistance.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Burns me up when a company treats me like that. I feel for you.

That .458 SOCOM would be a mean machine.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I got a 1 sentence response back from Oly when asking if their gamestalker uppers could be shot by a lefty.
    Maybe they thought your question was self explanatory since the game stalker upper is a standard AR upper?

Spam filters sieve rate is getting smaller and smaller. I've had a heck of a time the last couple months getting my email through spam filters. Actual spammers are getting through mine as good as ever.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Maybe they thought your question was self explanatory since the game stalker upper is a standard AR upper?
    The Gamestalker is a slab sided upper without a brass deflector. The .223 has a propensity for tossing brass back in the face of lefty shooters in this configuration. Since the WSSM is a completely different bolt/carrier for a completely different cartridge it is a relevant question.

All you guys that say for LuJon to give them a phone call forget that he's in Afghanistan. Email is pretty much his only economical choice. Talk about ignoring a huge market in AR parts if you don't answer emails. All those guys overseas deserve better.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    All you guys that say for LuJon to give them a phone call forget that he's in Afghanistan. Email is pretty much his only economical choice. Talk about ignoring a huge market in AR parts if you don't answer emails. All those guys overseas deserve better.
    Calling from Iraq and Afghanistan and trying to talk technical stuff is a huge pain which makes email the best route and causes those of us over there to often times go with a different brand or just write off people at times for not replying.