Thread: Rookie on the hard water

Default Rookie on the hard water

first time out i whent to jewel lake dint have to much luck couple of 8 incher's wana go back tomarrow not sure if im gona try out same lake or not open for sugestion's but i understand if you dant wana give out any secret spot's lol imm sure ill figure it out sooner or later

probably try biglake in a couple weeks but for now looking for the after work getaway here in anchorage

Quote Originally Posted by Igotagun View Post
    probably try biglake in a couple weeks but for now looking for the after work getaway here in anchorage
    When I lived in town my after work getaway was lake bushco

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    When I lived in town my after work getaway was lake bushco
    You can get a nasty case of swimmers itch at lake bushco. Beware.

Quote Originally Posted by Igotagun View Post
    first time out i whent to jewel lake dint have to much luck couple of 8 incher's wana go back tomarrow not sure if im gona try out same lake or not open for sugestion's but i understand if you dant wana give out any secret spot's lol imm sure ill figure it out sooner or later

When I take my kids out ice fishing in town, it's usually either to Jewel Lake (just straight out about 30-40 yards from the parking lot off Dimond), or over to Little Campbell (aka campbell point or beer can lake) in Kincaid Park. Around dawn and dusk seem to be the best times.

Sand Lake can be good too. Go down west 80th (off Sand Lake Rd)...park all the way at the end and walk to the left down the little channel and out to the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by MRFISH View Post
    You can get a nasty case of swimmers itch at lake bushco. Beware.
    ROTFLMAO! rep ya when I can for that gut buster

Quote Originally Posted by MRFISH View Post
    When I take my kids out ice fishing in town, it's usually either to Jewel Lake (just straight out about 30-40 yards from the parking lot off Dimond), or over to Little Campbell (aka campbell point or beer can lake) in Kincaid Park. Around dawn and dusk seem to be the best times.

Sand Lake can be good too. Go down west 80th (off Sand Lake Rd)...park all the way at the end and walk to the left down the little channel and out to the lake.

I have the truck warming up as we speak i'm headed to meadow lakes directly i'll letchas know

samd lake might give up some fair size fish [well stocked ] you can also get to the lake from the school parking lot on Jewel lake DR.
    it is close to town also use jigs [bigger fish]

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    I have the truck warming up as we speak i'm headed to meadow lakes directly i'll letchas know
    2 rainbows 17" and 13" plus I tossed back about 10 land locks unless they swallowed it then the eagle got em....windy as heck only fished 2 hours auger ran like a top

good to hear
    i whent back to jewel lake today no luck did stay to long was really windy