Thread: Gun show listing sticky???

Default Gun show listing sticky???

Is there any chance of having an official, tacked gun show listing thread? I hate missing (like the recent Lumen Christie one) them and they seem difficult to find about.

Good idea. Just FYI there is one December 11th and 12th in Wasilla at the Menard Sports Center, here is their ad http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/9_Gen..._12_11_12.html

Kevin Keene is neck deep in organizing the Wasilla High School gun show at the moment. I understand that they are giving away new guns as door prizes this year.

The dates are Jan 15 and 16. He can be contacted at WHSGunShow@gmail.com

Here is a site that lists most all of the shows (though apparently not this particular one nor the Wasilla one.)
    http://www.gunshows-usa.com/alaska-hawaii_gun_shows.htm

Quote Originally Posted by akraven View Post
    Here is a site that lists most all of the shows (though apparently not this particular one nor the Wasilla one.)
    http://www.gunshows-usa.com/alaska-hawaii_gun_shows.htm
    I've used that site before, but it doesn't have all the shows.

You have a great idea tyrex. I was also disappointed to miss the Lumen Christi one this year...I went last year and it was good.

Happy to do it, fellas. Someone start a thread and then send me a PM so that I can stick it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Happy to do it, fellas. Someone start a thread and then send me a PM so that I can stick it.
    Thanks Brian...it was your idea tyrex, please do the honors.

Doc-

It was much better this year. I bought a nice .30-40 Krag in orginal condition and a bunch of relading and bullet casing stuff including a RCBS Rockchucker press for $20.

How is the Wasilia Show this month? I didn't go last year - it is a long drive unless the show is worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    You have a great idea tyrex. I was also disappointed to miss the Lumen Christi one this year...I went last year and it was good.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    Doc-

It was much better this year. I bought a nice .30-40 Krag in orginal condition and a bunch of relading and bullet casing stuff including a RCBS Rockchucker press for $20.

How is the Wasilia Show this month? I didn't go last year - it is a long drive unless the show is worthwhile.
    Sounds like you did real well tvfinak.

I didn't go to the WHS gun show last year, but I did go the year before to support their cause. I personally didn't buy anything at that show (and I had money in my pocket)...just nothing that I was interested in buying, and the few things that sort of caught my eye were priced too high and not budging down. It was a large venue, so hopefully others here had a different experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I think this year it was somewhere in spenard at a cheesy hotel. I had an invite to it again, first gun show I ever did last year, but had plans to be moose hunting. Local didn't impress me much to change my plans, but family is first anyways and we had a blast hunting thanksgiving weekend.

Sticky is up in the sticky section. If anybody has any more info on the January show, please post.