Thread: drilling and tapping

Default drilling and tapping

im looking for price quotes from people in wasilla and palmer for getting my springfield 1903 mark 1 ready for rings need to be drilled and tapped

Default 1903 Springfield drill & tap

Don't mess up an as issued Mk 1 receiver by drilling and tapping it!

I'll trade you a nice laready drilled and tapped '03 for it and save you some money and save an orginal receiver from distruction.

I'll swap the barrel if needed also.

Send me a PM.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

You could go with an S&K Insta-Mount if you don't want to alter the reciever. I've been working on an A3-03 this winter and went with one since there are no gunsmiths in Juneau anymore, and I didn't want to pay to send it off. I have not tested it yet, as I'm waiting for the the duracoat I applied to cure, but all of the reviews I read were very good. It latches onto the rear sight base and clamps down on a ring that goes on the front of the reciever. They make them for both the 1903 and 03-A3 and are about $70.
    Nice Marmot.

tvfinak what year is your 1903?

I have a Springfield 1903 of about the same vintage as the Mark I i.e. 1918-1920. I also have Remington 1903 and 03-A3 actions if you prefer those. Only thing I don't have is a low number action although I don't think they are as dangerous as most "experts" proclaim.

I may also have a bent bolt to trade if yours is still orginal.

Quote Originally Posted by king View Post
    tvfinak what year is your 1903?
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK