Thread: What stores and places are a must see in Fairbanks?

Question What stores and places are a must see in Fairbanks?

Planning maybe on a trip somewhere in the week of March 14 to Fairbanks. Planning on UAF definately, but also looking for good sporting goods shops, museums, gun shows or anything else of interest then. Ideas? Thanks!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

well we have one of the largest malls in the state, Bentley mall is a must see, plan on at least half a day to get over the disappointment of seeing it. by mid march both stores within should be open again...

The UAF museum i hear is a nice place to see also... its fairly new i have not been since it opened...

sporting good shops? aside from Fred Meyers and walmart? we have sportsman's and Frontier outfitters, if you make it all that way across town to Frontier,, there is a neat little shop on the corner and you can pop in and get a Breathalyzer installed into your rental car,,, from there i will send you out to Fox road house for some of the best beers around. dinner for you and the missus, will require a reservation, though the prices are not bad... the food is great and the beer is better... ( Silver gulch brewing co)

there is also the turtle club up the way for one of the best prime rib dinners around...

you will have to plan on taking plenty time to see town... 20 minutes or so should do, to get most of it in,,, as we are about 10 minutes long by 5 minutes wide once you know your ways around...

Okay now that you have filled half a day and dinner.... you can do the 12 mile journey to the quaint little town of NOPO... ( north pole ) you will probably be required to stop by the local Meet and greet COtoAK's house, i think it is mandatory for all forum member new to our area... any way while in the NOPO... ( don't blink you'll miss it) you can hit the Santa clause house... Yes hes open in march...

if you still have adventure in your blood... a stop by the knotty shop just past Eielson AFB will get you in the mood,

for some fine wood crafts... ( google it Knotty shop)
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Awesome! Yeah we are not for big cities anyway... don't drink either but sounds like a good place to eat. The wife heard Santa so I guess that's on the plate now too. Out to see the Northern Lights and some wild life too. Knotty Shop aye? Sounds like too many gifts to ship back to Ohio lol

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

the knotty shop is worth seeing... trust me... i would put up a web address but i dont see one... it is crafts and gifts lots made from natural spruce burals and such... it is quit an interestsing place.. worth the extra 10 min drive..

well since you dont drink... swing in and will coffee you up to make it through the rest of the day... were not hard to miss in fact you have to drive past us 2-3 dozen times just to get from one side to the other and back...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Cool! Might take you up on that. Thanks again!