Thread: Remington 750 Woodsmaster 243

Default Remington 750 Woodsmaster 243

I had a coyote hunting buddy ask me about the this rifle as a jump and run coyote gun. I said I would have to ask the experts because they are not my cup of tea and am clueless.

Reliability and accuracy are what is in question.

thanks EKC

Not a shoot the eyes out gun but plenty good for hundred yard shooting and probably two hundred with a scope
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

What's not to endorse, auto-loader, good for animals 4# to 400# Me like .243 Winchester. Me like Remington 7400 and Remington 750. With a scope I would be tagging stuff under 80# clear out to 300 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    What's not to endorse, auto-loader, good for animals 4# to 400# Me like .243 Winchester. Me like Remington 7400 and Remington 750. With a scope I would be tagging stuff under 80# clear out to 300 yards.
    Thats kinda how I was thinking, however I have never had a Remington Auto loader that was anything more than trading stock and that was years ago so I couldn't give him an honest answer.

My friend passed on it so it was offered to me. I just plain out told the guy that I had burned my play money for the month on some 22 rimfire horse trading and in less he wanted to barter then I'd have to pass too. Long story short I now own the 750 Woodsman and three spair clips including a 10 rounder and he took home my recently purchased Saiga 223. Straight up trade. Yup I'm smiling!

One question though. Will my standard 243 dies work when reloading for this auto....I don't need small base dies like many of the 223 autos require do I?

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    One question though. Will my standard 243 dies work when reloading for this auto....I don't need small base dies like many of the 223 autos require do I?

Firing may be the only way to make sure, but I kinda doubt you'll need it based on my own long, thin experience with Remington autos. I had one that kinda "creeped up" on it, needing a visit to an SB die every 4 or 5 loadings, but fine the rest of the time.

I bet you're really going to like the rifle and round for your needs. The only reason I didn't keep the one I owned briefly, I already have a 760 in 257 Roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Firing may be the only way to make sure, but I kinda doubt you'll need it based on my own long, thin experience with Remington autos. I had one that kinda "creeped up" on it, needing a visit to an SB die every 4 or 5 loadings, but fine the rest of the time.

I bet you're really going to like the rifle and round for your needs. The only reason I didn't keep the one I owned briefly, I already have a 760 in 257 Roberts.
    I'm going to shoot it tomorrow and see if I like it. I put a 3x9 Nikon on it and loaded up 50 rounds of 85 grainers that I had on hand. Even if I really like it , it still won't see any action until I get one killed with the 30-30 first( I promise)!

To say that the 750 Bushmaster is not a shoot the eyes out gun is not a valid statement. I had a 750 Bushmaster in 30-06 (carbine short barrel) and here are targets shot with factory Remington ammo. The 750 is a good design that over came the problems with the 7400 model. In 243 it would be a great get up and go rife for coyotes as well as a great deer rifle.

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS