Thread: New Line Gun

Default New Line Gun

Got a new trap line gun today. It's a Taurus model 941 .22 magnum 8 shot revolver w/4" barrel.
    The fit and finish are good. The DA pull is heavy, but I like it that way.
    Anyone have any thoughts on these?

Had one in SS and it was a very good gun.The rear sight blade did take off once but replacement stayed while I owned it,I gave it to a very good friend because I trusted it.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Never owned one, but I love .22 Magnum. And that looks like a good firearm.
    "The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."

Don't have any experience with that particular model, but I haven't found any reason to buy anything other than a Taurus. My .44mag, .357, 9mm are all Taurus. Reasonably price, highly reliable and lifetime warranty, gets my $$$. I've had the 9mm for 8 years, 1 jam that whole time and that was from my mom "limp wristing" it. The .357 is about 6 years old, no problems, .44 mag was purchased used and i've only shot it a few times but it goes everywere with me and has never posed any problems.

I really like the looks of the gun you picked up!

Hey, thanks guys. It's a good specimen, but taurus definately has some lemons out there.
    The trick is to find a good one even if you buy new. One other I looked at was out of time, new. **EEK**
    The only complaints are, is that the bore is a little rough, and the bottom side of the ejector star had a bit of surface rust. Cleaned it up, it's ok now. The bore will be leaded to hell soon enough anyway, as I have heard that's common with these.
    Other than that the fit and finish are perfect. Great lock up and function. It's a $300 working gun, so it will be outside puttin' in miles soon enough.
    Rabbit Creek range is closed so I will post a review of the test firing after the weekend.