Thread: Conibears for Predators?

Default Conibears for Predators?

I've been using 330 conibears to trap beavers with good success. I would like to expand into trapping predators i.e. lynx, fox, coyotes, wolves. Is a 330 coni set on a cubby effective or are footholds a better route? Any suggestions for using a conibear for predators are welcome. Also, any advice you can give as to the advantages and disadvantages of conibears vs. footholds for predators is welcome. I would really like to bag a lynx but I'm unsure if it is probable that I could coax a lynx into sticking his head in a 330.

Homer, AK

I would say quite the contrary. I would believe that you'd have better luck in a cubby set with a 330 for lynx and wolverine rather than the canine species. With canines, I'd stick with footholds and/or snares. They seem rather reluctant to go into cubbies, even with footholds.

Anchorage, Alaska, United States

agreed waldo, snares are a better route to go for the canids.(make sure the bait is least 8feet away from the snare)
    cubbie sets for lynx work great. use a natural enclosure or bucket, throw your bait in and set the coni at the entrence.

Fairbanks, Ak.

Coni's for wolverine are fine. You'll likely catch an occasional fox as well in them. Snares and foot holds for everything else.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!