Thread: This Is All I Saw

Default This Is All I Saw

This is all I saw while hunting yesterday, trying to hunt deer, hog or coyote

Rifle season closed four fourteen days and will open back up in mid December. Only been a total of 1 1/2 days. Not been able to hunt much this year. Hope that changes for the second half of the season. I hope you enjoy the view from my ground blind.

Here is my wonderful comfortable chair and my AR as I began to set things up.

Now a the view I have around my blind.

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

More pictures:

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Where I leave my 4 wheeler
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Nice Country for sure, BUT

Why didn't you shoot that nice Buck standing off to the right in pic 3 of post #2 ?
    I'd say he's a pretty good one, a shooter

heh heh, I'll bet it's warm down there, too..........

Ok, don't forget to finish this thread with a meat pole somewhere, right?
    Thanks for the pics, feels like I'm there, just looking at it all.
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

I will post again in December if I get something down here in Mississippi. Yep that green stuff in the trees is not ice and that brown stuff on the ground is not snow, we call it "Mississippi Reality" when the temp in November is somewhere between 50 and 70 degrees.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Looks like the moose population is"down" there just like here in IL BearTooth!
    Here's a pic of my deer blind - heated w a rocking chair and carpeted! Day I took pic it was 3 degree's last year! image002.jpg
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Looks like the moose population is"down" there just like here in IL BearTooth!
    Here's a pic of my deer blind - heated w a rocking chair and carpeted! Day I took pic it was 3 degree's last year! image002.jpg

Man, that is the Hilton not a deer stand
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Quote Originally Posted by beartooth View Post
    Man, that is the Hilton not a deer stand
    Nuh uh Beartooth...he stole someones one holer out of there back yard and put it to good use. Ya did nail a board over the hole didn't ya Smokey!

Now that is to funny LOL
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

that is about as bad as trying to take the wife hunting and we know how that ends ..

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    Nuh uh Beartooth...he stole someones one holer out of there back yard and put it to good use. Ya did nail a board over the hole didn't ya Smokey!
    Just pulled the carpet over it - comes in handy at times! Hardest part about hunting out of it is staying AWAKE!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

beartooth, I know you got bitting snakes, black widow spiders and the like down there. Are they all holed up for the season or do you have to contend with them? What about deer ticks? Just wondering....all of our little uglies quit being a problem about the first of November.

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    beartooth, I know you got bitting snakes, black widow spiders and the like down there. Are they all holed up for the season or do you have to contend with them? What about deer ticks? Just wondering....all of our little uglies quit being a problem about the first of November.
    In the Old River Management Area along the Pearl River we have the following that could create a problem for a hunter if he is not paying attention: Florida Panther that makes its way up the Pearl, Black bear, red wolf (the three just mentioned are illegal to shoot) coyote, coydogs, and gators when the temps or around 70 degrees, wild hogs, bob cats that run 25 pounds some bigger (killed one last year weighing 24 pounds) cotton mouths, rattle snakes, copper heads, coral snakes, black widows, recluse spiders, deer ticks, and mosquitoes (carrying Nile virus), fire ants and then there is quick sand and I can't think anything else at the moment, but all of the above inhabit the Old River Management Area along the Pearl River.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Wow! Thought maybe I was on the wrong forum for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Wow! Thought maybe I was on the wrong forum for a minute.
    LOL Yeah, kinda different than Alaska.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS