Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: csn # for draw hunt

  1. #1

    Default csn # for draw hunt

    Just gave my donation to the state for a chance at hunting bision in the back yard,don't know off the top of my head how many yrs i have put in for this but enough to wonder if its worth it any more with some of the post's a while back on guy's getting drawn more then once,anyway when filling out the draw stuff it asked for a csn # i have yet to receive anything from f&g and have put in for a number of yrs as a resident,how does one find his number?

  2. #2

    Default

    I have HEARD that if you didn't get one sent to you automatically, call F&G and they will assign you a number to put on the drawing application. I hope this helps.
    PC gag in place.

  3. #3

    Default

    I got mine a little over a year ago I think but didn't have to request it. It came on it's own. I had to dig it out of the massive pile of old "somewhat important" mail things on the table. Still baffles me how, with the tens of thousands of hunters up here that I somehow ended up with a two-digit number, not far from being a single digit. I'm not that old, so that's not it....lol.

    As Alaska Sportsman said, I would just contact ADF&G and they should be able to direct you toward what you need.

  4. #4
    Member goaty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Delta Jct.
    Posts
    307

    Default

    I wonder what happens if you don't put this # on your app?

  5. #5

    Default

    ok,and thanks,my other ? was what goaty asked and when did the state start dishing out points for draw hunts

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guess who View Post
    ok,and thanks,my other ? was what goaty asked and when did the state start dishing out points for draw hunts
    Aside from just a couple select hunts (and maybe not even those at this point), they have not started a points system. The Nelchina caribou system lasted all of 1.5 seasons and is now gone. I heard they are talking about starting one for a single bear hunt somewhere, but I don't think that has gone into effect yet.

    The CSN is not for points. It is just a verifier to match each person up to their past records so they can check things like past hunt reports being turned in and if you are elegible for a certain permit (such as if you got the permit the previous year or it is a 1 in 4/5 year permit type thing).

  7. #7

    Default

    It states on the online drawing application that if you don't know your CSN#, don't worry about it.

  8. #8
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    It states on the online drawing application that if you don't know your CSN#, don't worry about it.
    Yep, I asked a guy in the F&G office for mine, as we somehow misplaced the copy we were mailed. He told me to not worry about it, as the number system isn't really being used and that they'd probably have to re-issue numbers if they move forward with a point system. Don't take my word for it - I'd include the # if you have it - but that's what I was told.

  9. #9
    Member goaty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Delta Jct.
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Good to know, because I know I have one somewhere (if I can find it) but already submitted my apps and must have ignored that part. Thanks for the info guys.

  10. #10

    Default

    It wasn't on my paper application....so much for Customer Service...eh?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •