Thread: New pump shotgun

Default New pump shotgun

What is the thinking on current shotguns, the best of the newer, scientific designs.

I lightweight twelve with tubes and an extra 18"-20" cylinder barrel is really what I'd like.

Any opinions on such an arm?
    Mike

870 rem !!!!

Browning BPS with the camo film (mostly for weather proffing). Has all the features you asked for and you can get about any barrel you want for one. I really like mine. It is a knock off of my most favorite shotgun of all time, an Ithica model 37 (in 16 ga) And the price is right. Oh yea, you can shoot it left handed if you want to also (like I do). ;-)

JMHO

I agree with you on the Browning BPS with one drawback. I bought the Stalker model 12 with 3 1/2 chamber, 26" barrel, and choke tubes. I really like the BPS, tang safety, bottom eject, ect.. Drawback is the price of a replacement barrel for my gun. Cheapest I have found a 18-20" rifle sight smoothbore was in the $350 range. I like the idea of having one gun and switching barrels, but figured I could buy a Rem 870 for the price of a Browning 3 1/2" chamber slug barrel. If anyone can steer me to a cheaper option, I'd like to hear. BPS action is slick and smooth. Very well made gun!

Well- O.K.-- I really did like my 870 pump gun.. Got a wild hair and sold her to pay for an IZMASH - SAIGA AK 12 gauge auto.
    What can i say, its really fun to shoot and hell on wood ducks as well as running bear off.