Thread: '01 rmk 700

Default '01 rmk 700

howdy,
    I'm looking for some info on replacing my hi-fax and skis on my RMK.

I'll be in Anchorage tomorrow afternoon and looking for some good advice... gonna check out AK Snomo Salvage and Marita Sea and Ski. Any other recommendations?? What kind of skis should I get for my sled?

thanks!

Not sure what your asking here? do you need to know how to replace the items or what kind to buy?

If it were me i would just get stock Hyfax and skiis. Cheaper and will be just fine. Snow salvage will be the cheapest. Check craigslist too.

Both are very easy to change. Just stand there in the cold and think about it. Youll figure it out quick!

Hyfax you just loosen the track and slide them out backwards towards the rear through one of the track notches. Then the new ones go on same way. hammer and punch will probably be needed to give them a nudge.

Skiis are just a bolt and nut.

BTW a great sled you got there. One of my all time favorites

thanks for the reply and sorry for the confusion...
    I guess I was just looking for some tips on where to go for parts... I dont know of any sources other than the two previously mentioned. Also.. I'm thinking of getting some powder skis for the RMK and wondering what my options are... I ride mostly in the high country around Seward.

now I just need to figure out what kind of beer to drink while I'm standing out in the cold working on my sled....

Also try Go Pro on Potter.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

I had Simmons flexi-skis on my 700RMK and they were great. I spent very little time on the trails, mostly boondocking and these skis fit the bill perfectly. If you ride the powder a lot, you might look in to taking out your sway bar. You will drop a few pounds and sidehilling will be much easier. Only downfall is really fast cornering on hardpack becomes a bit more challenging.

There was an aftermarket parts shop I liked down off Old Seward but the name escapes me at the moment....I'll post it when I figure it out. They had great prices on hifax and piston kits .

edit* Duh! It was Alaska Snowmobile Salvage (1300 E. 74th). They carry a lot of common new parts and you may find a deal on some used skis there.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by jockomontana View Post
    howdy,
    I'm looking for some info on replacing my hi-fax and skis on my RMK.

I'll be in Anchorage tomorrow afternoon and looking for some good advice... gonna check out AK Snomo Salvage and Marita Sea and Ski. Any other recommendations?? What kind of skis should I get for my sled?

thanks!
    Not enough info to reply. What kind of riding do you do? What percent of the time do you expect to drive at each activity you'll use your sled for? How much snow will you be on?

For my XCR-800 I like the Gen I Sidehiller, and I use Hyperfax.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

SLP Powder Pro's or Slydog Powderhounds.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!