Thread: GraCoil compression butt plate for a rifle

Default GraCoil compression butt plate for a rifle

Does anyone have any experience with a GraCoil rifle compression butt plate? I was looking for ways to tame the recoil of magnum rifles without a muzzle break. My shoulder doesn't like heavy recoil after a bad car wreck wrecked my shoulder. I don't want to add too much weight to my hunting rifle and I don't particularly like muzzle breaks.
    Any ideas from the experts?

Thanks for any insights,
    Andy

I put a limb saver recoil pad on my .338 WM. It did ease the bruising when shooting free-hand.

I don't have any personal experience, but a guy I know works at their shop in Arkansas and does stock work for them. He has always had positive things to say about their products. I have seen their products installed on shotguns, but not rifles. I know he does installs on some really high dollar shotguns with awesome wood. If you have any specific questions I would be glad to ask him and report back to you.

Thanks for the replies guys. Ozarks, I would really appreciate it if you could ask your friend how much recoil is reduced in a rifle application. They look like a really neat product but I would like to know how well they work on a magnum rifle before I drop that kind of coin.
    Thanks,
    Andy

Depending what rifle you have, these guys supposedly have a great product for recoil reduction:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Rif...ck,218,166.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9LXs...eature=related

I talked with the guy I know who works for Graco (he is a very straight shooter) and he said he thought you would be very pleased with the GraCoil for recoil reduction. He said you can choose your pad, limbsaver, etc. and the good pad with the GraCoil compares to a break he said. He did mention the LP option model had more adjustment, but same recoil reduction. He said you will have to have your stock shortened to keep same length of pull if adding the GraCoil with a standard pad. Said they do quite a few installs of them at the factory on rifles and muzzleloaders.

He said the adjustment is easy, and you can dial the amount of spring tension for your personal needs. Hope this helps...

Ozarks, thank you very much for checking with your friend on the GraCoil. It definetly sounds like a good option for me. I appreciate it.