Thread: Sooooo clooooose!!

crazedBOWhunter

Unhappy Sooooo clooooose!!

Had my first bit of success w/ calling in a critter. Had my FoxPro SCREAMING away w/ a snowshoe hair going. 8 mins in I had a silver fox come SCREAMING in. He covered about 800yrds under 45 seconds. Unluckily, the previous set I was using my scope to glass w/ and left it n 14 power. When the fox poked his head out he was a 50 yards and I couldn't get him in the scope. I went to shift the scope down and the movement caught his eye and he bolted.... a total bummer, but I have to see the positive side bc, it was my first time out w/ my new FoxPro and my first time getting a critter to come in...

Cool. Good for you man. Now watch, you'll get all your stuff organized and he won't come back. That's how it always goes.

Sounds like Congrats are in order to me! Next time you'll have him, you know what not to do.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Hey Rick P, I have been meaning to get back in touch with you. I still have your number. I have been drying out that Osage stave I cut down last spring. Got it all peeled and shellacked. I have just been busy up to my ears. Maybe I'll give ya a holler soon.

Please do. I am always avaible to help with a stave.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Default Bummer?

No way! How exciting to have all that happen? I've been there too, and though a bit frustrated at myself, it was so exciting to see fox up so close that not getting it was ok. Sure, I was out hunting to try and bring in something, but seeing those animals at work is awesome.
    You'll learn from your mistakes, and if you keep at it you'll connect. In the meantime you'll see some pretty cool stuff. I still never tire of owls swooping in to try and grab my hat or trying to fool the ravens.
    I bet right now you can see about every detail of that fox in your mind. I just does not get better than that. On the other hand, if it is too disappointing, you can sit at home watching the cooking channel and you can tell us where you were at????
    ARR

A Silver Fox!!! That's great. I really want to get a Silver. I have Reds and CrossFox, but no Silvers yet. I've been there before with the scope set on the wrong magnification. Nowadays, I just leave it on 4-6x and I can get the crosshairs on them quickly no matter how close or far. Good job on calling in the Silver Fox.

I feel your pain and excitment, I blew my first oprtunity the other day with my first predator called in and i missed an oportunity at a lynx. I was really bummed but also very excited that i finally got something to come in. Next stand fixed my mistakes from the previous and got my first lynx. Im addicted now.