Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The effects of a president of US from Wasilla

Default The effects of a president of US from Wasilla

Here is a point to ponder. What kind of flight restrictions would take place if the next president of US is from Wasilla? How would it affect you?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

well if they hire better looking TSA agents... the pat downs wont be so bad
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Perhaps an Orange to Gold program similar to the Army's blue to green push a few years back to pull USAF NCO's over to the other side. Only in this case it would be bringing girls from the orange short shorts of hooters to the gold trim of the TSA pant suits!

Who in Wasilla is a contender to be the next US President? Or is this just a 'what if' question? In that case, what kind of flight restrictions would there be if the next prez was from Kenai? Or Valdez? Or Girdwood?

I believe the answer is... the person's residence would become a no-fly zone and probably not much else except for during times when he was arriving or departing the area on AF1. You could look up what FAA restrictions are in place around Crawford Texas and get an exact picture of what restrictions would be in place.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Perhaps an Orange to Gold program similar to the Army's blue to green push a few years back to pull USAF NCO's over to the other side. Only in this case it would be bringing girls from the orange short shorts of hooters to the gold trim of the TSA pant suits!
    leave the orange shirts and shorts... mis-spell TsA... with &
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thumbs up Let's find out!!

Let's find out! Whatever they are, they will be worth it.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Hopefully Sarah Palin will run. She won't be nominated to run on the republican ticket, but she is sufficiently deluded to run on the Tea Party ticket which would split the republican vote to a sufficient degree, much the same as Ralph Nader split the democratic vote which cost Al gore the presidency .

If by some weird quirk of fate she were to win the presidency, then Lake Lucille would no longer be accessible to float planes and the Wasilla Airport would be off limits any time she was in town.. Anchorage International would be tied up every time Air Force One came in.

But... it ain't gonna happen. Look what happened to Joe Miller.

Got my fingers crossed that she'll decide to go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monguse View Post
    Lake Lucille would no longer be accessible to float planes
    You mean with the exception of Air Float One.

jwolf

The Petition: http://flywithdignity.org/get-involved/petition/
    My Response:
    The fact ANY U.S. citizen is willing to have a ‘sexual’ type assault placed on them is disgusting, saddening, and just plain pathetic.. It doesn’t matter who is the president.. IT IS a matter of personal fortitude, responsibility, and sovereignty.. WE are losing our country people and you dare make a joke of it? I suppose you will till China is in your back yard! Or in your children’s back yard.. or till you allow your wife to have her breasts felt up against her will.. Makes me sick – the weakness of men!
    “The person who trades freedom for security deserves neither!” – Franklin

You think Palin is the answer? Then you’re dumber than a ---what? Shoot there is no comparism.. Do any of you do any research at all? They’re all one tribe with one focus.. Destroy the American people with ‘drama’ and side-ward stupidity.. How easily it’s forgotten – what our nation stands for.. What this nation, the people, have died for generation after generation.. so easily dismissed for a media-pop club..
    I’ll tell ya.. as far as the TSA might as well be in compares with Nazi Germany but no one gets it eh?? You don’t deserve it then.. This is no joke.. This is PATHETIC!

20 years from now everyone will blame you, the only ones who could really do something.. That will be your cross to bare, and entirely, in shame..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post

yeah? wait 25 years or so... once the middle age spread has set in and the old man aint looking atcha so hot anymore.... you MIGHT look forward to those pat downs....

p.s.

missed ya wolfie...
    Last edited by Vince; 11-29-2010 at 23:14. Reason: ps

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Monguse View Post
    ... <snipped political stuff that we ain't allowed to talk about 'round here> ... then Lake Lucille would no longer be accessible to float planes and the Wasilla Airport would be off limits any time she was in town.. Anchorage International would be tied up every time Air Force One came in.
    AF1 comes through Alaska every so often. Don't they always land at Elmenforf and never at Anchorage International? On previous occasions where AF1 drops in for some of our gas, what NOTAM or restrictions are imposed on the private pilot community? Surely there are some who've flied on a day that AF1 came through town. (yes, and don't call me Shirley) So, what, if any, restrictions did you see?

Let's say that someone from Wasilla was elected prez. Do you think that person, as the top executive in charge of all government agencies, including the FAA, would have them shut down the airspace over Lake Lucille? Does that really make any sense? Even if the SS recommended it, the prez still has full veto power over such security measures.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Presidential TFRs include a 30 mile circle and a 10 mile circle in the middle of that. The 30 mile circle requires a pilot to file a flight plan for outbound and inbound operations, requires a transponder, and the pilot must establish and maintain radio communications with departure or approach control prior to entering and all during all operations within the TFR circle. The inner 10 mile circle is a no-fly zone for guys like me but allows operations of scheduled commercial traffic both airliner and air taxi. That no-fly zone centers on a president on the ground, not Air Force 1. I have a transponder so the impact for me would be to file a flight plan and talk to departure control. Not a big deal to me except during very limited periods. The TFRs that have occurred in the Anchorage area have not impacted my life in the least. If Ms. Palin is elected I suspect most of us will learn to adapt and make some adjustments. But as usual some will sit on the computer and complain no matter what.

If my understanding of the workings of a TFR zone are incorrect I hope somebody with actual knowledge will set me straight. I'd like to know. The non-pilot comments don't interest me in the least.

Here is the last TFR in Anchorage when the president refueling stop. Operating Restrictions and Requirements Top

No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described).

Except as specified below and/or unless authorized by ATC in consultation with the air traffic security coordinator via the domestic events network (DEN):

A. All aircraft operations within the 10 NMR area(s) listed above, known as the inner core(s), are prohibited except for: Approved law enforcement, military aircraft directly supporting the United States Secret Service (USSS) and the office of the President of the United States, approved air ambulance flights, and regularly scheduled commercial passenger and all-cargo carriers operating under one of the following TSA-Approved standard security programs/procedures: aircraft operator standard security program (AOSSP), full all-cargo aircraft operator standard security program (FACAOSSP), model security program (MSP), twelve five standard security program (TFSSP) all cargo, or all-cargo international security procedure (ACISP) and are arriving into and/or departing from 14 cfr part 139 airports. All emergency/life saving flight (medical/law enforcement/firefighting) operations must coordinate with ATC prior to their departure at 907-271-2711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 907-271-2711 end_of_the_skype_highlighting to avoid potential delays.

B. For operations within the airspace between the 10 nmr and 30 nmr area(s) listed above, known as the outer ring(s): All aircraft operating within the outer ring(s) listed above are limited to aircraft arriving or departing local airfields, and workload permitting, ATC may authorize transit operations. Aircraft may not loiter. All aircraft must be on an active IFR or VFR flight plan with a discrete code assigned by an air traffic control (ATC) facility. Aircraft must be squawking the discrete code prior to departure and at all times while in the TFR and must remain in two-way radio communications with ATC.

C. The following operations are not authorized within this TFR: flight training, practice instrument approaches, aerobatic flight, glider operations, seaplane operations, parachute operations, ultralight, hang gliding, balloon operations, agriculture/crop dusting, animal population control flight operations, banner towing operations, sightseeing operations, maintenance test flights, model aircraft operations, model rocketry, and unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).

D. FAA recommends that all aircraft operators check notams frequently for possible changes to this TFR prior to operations within this region.

So, how close is her residence to anything aviation? I've no idea where her house is. Does a 10-mile no-fly zone around her house shut down any private pilot operations?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Tony, do you know what the definition of seaplane ops is for the purpose of a TFR? I suspect Lake Hood would remain open because it's controlled. All the private operators on uncontrolled lakes may be grounded, huh?

Joat the 10 mile would take out most floatplane lakes other than big lake. The 30 mile would be past Willow, Anchorage leaving Talkeetna area lakes. The problem that i see is not knowing that a TFR going on when flying back from out remote. No radio,transponder for that matter enough fuel to go to a alternet lake/strip out of the TFR.

MrPid I have not checked into this any further than what you see.

Is the Palin residence in "downtown" Wasilla then?

I see where this could really mess things up for a lot of folks.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

There are a couple of points to make. First the TFR is mostly for a moving president where established operating procedures (course rules) are not in place. The second is when it comes to a executive residence it would most likely be a Prohibited zone with a one mile radius AND the Prohibited area is waiverable by the president is he or she so desires.

Just my nickel
    Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

That would work!

Drew,

Have you seen regs that state what you've summarized? I've been doing some reading this morning because of this discussion and I haven't found anything that indicates what you've stated. I'm hopeful you're right, I'd just be interested in seeing the regs in writing. I do remember reading about President Bush's ranch airspace that sounds like what you're saying. I can't find that, either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast