Thread: Arctic cat Bear cat question??/

Default Arctic cat Bear cat question??/

I have an 2005 bearcat and the back suspension is weak. (Yep I know change my diet, thanks Mike) I went to the dealer and they said either bad shock or rear springs. I pulled the shock and it is fine. I was told the rear springs are bad and that Arctic Cat has a stronger spring they offer for the same price, under $30 side.

Has anyone else had this problem and will the springs fix it. The machine is 5 years old and has 900 miles. Still like new.

Quote Originally Posted by FishKing View Post
    I have an 2005 bearcat and the back suspension is weak. (Yep I know change my diet, thanks Mike) I went to the dealer and they said either bad shock or rear springs. I pulled the shock and it is fine. I was told the rear spring are bad and that Arctic Cat has a stronger spring they offer for the same price, under $30 side.

Has anyone else had this problem and will the springs fix it. The machine is 5 years old and has 900 miles. Still like new.
    I know you>Big Lake, Sunday>>>>>>hey if you need a hand with that sled let me know. I also have a nice handy dandy lift if you need it. Let me know when you get a call for your springs I can pickup and bring them to Chugiak for you.

I worked on another Bearcat 2 seasons ago and found that the sled had a fiberglass overload that the owner didn't know was there. I engaged these springs and it solved his problem. Here is a link to parts break down it is number 28 in the picture. I did the wide track but both have them. Check it out. Sorry I did not mention it yesterday but I try not to step on their toes.

Ok the link will not post properly must be to long....go here www.babbittsomline.com look up your sled and then go to idler wheel assembly...item #28

Quote Originally Posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
    I know you>Big Lake, Sunday>>>>>>hey if you need a hand with that sled let me know. I also have a nice handy dandy lift if you need it. Let me know when you get a call for your springs I can pickup and bring them to Chugiak for you.

I worked on another Bearcat 2 seasons ago and found that the sled had a fiberglass overload that the owner didn't know was there. I engaged these springs and it solved his problem. Here is a link to parts break down it is number 28 in the picture. I did the wide track but both have them. Check it out. Sorry I did not mention it yesterday but I try not to step on their toes.

Ok the link will not post properly must be to long....go here www.babbittsomline.com look up your sled and then go to idler wheel assembly...item #28
    WOW Small world. I live in Wasilla but thanks for the offer to get the springs to Wasilla. I knew about the overloads but with just my big but I should not need them. I will see how much effort to put everything back in but I may end up calling if I need help. I will PM you for a number. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

when i park my bearcat for the summer, i jack up the rear and unhook the spring ends, taking the tension off the springs. i also bought the heavy duty springs, work great.

2000 Bearcat, never did anything winter or summer to the suspension. It's fine today as they day I bought it. I've got six sleds and used to lift them and take all kinds of precausions (relaxing the track etc.) but over time saw no benifit to doing that. If it makes you feel good I guess go ahead and do it. "But your wasting your time" That from a twenty year Alaskan
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

I mentioned the overloads that way if anyone ever uses the machine that is a little lighter it will still ride decent. Let me know on the extra hand....it helps.

Thumbs up WE Got One!

We got 13,000 miles on a 2005 660 4-stroke. Runs great.
    But I put the overloads on day one and bought a new set this last summer. But the springs and shocks are fine. We beat the s--t out of this machine!
    Love the Bearcat!!!
    Remember we take the bumps so you don't have too!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

"If it makes you feel good I guess go ahead and do it. "But your wasting your time" That from a twenty year Alaskan"

it makes me warm and fuzzy inside when i do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by yetnaman37 View Post
    "If it makes you feel good I guess go ahead and do it. "But your wasting your time" That from a twenty year Alaskan"

it makes me warm and fuzzy inside when i do it!!
    Yeah, guess I had that comming.... Call it lazy on my part I guess, but anymore I'm lucky if I remember the Stabil!

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Boss View Post

But I put the overloads on day one and bought a new set this last summer. But the springs and shocks are fine. We beat the s--t out of this machine!
    Love the Bearcat!!!

Holy Crap! 13k.... Holy Crap!

Saw someone with a old skandik with like 18k. Deff looked like it could use some TLC tho
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

I have an 07 660 4 stroke with the turbo and it has 12k on it. The only thing other than the heavy duty springs and I always have used the overloads is that you will want to change out the drive berings every so often depending on how many miles you ride a year.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I will use the overloads more but I am going to put the heavy duty springs on. I will post how it works out when I get the springs in.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Boss View Post
    Love the Bearcat!!!
    Yea.... groomers and 13 times more miles, but Fishkings Bearcat has to haul him around. Just sayin~ LMAO!!!!!!!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks