Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sled insurance

Cool sled insurance

Who do you insure your sled's with locally ?

I insure everything through USAA.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

State Farm.

in the state seperated from the lower 48 by Canada

Progressive had the lowest price. Signed up on-line and saved $60 agent fee.

I've got an '09 Skidoo Renegade 600 etec and it runs me just over $200 a year for full coverage from State Farm.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Wow! I insure everything with USAA too but when I called just now and got a quote it was $1200 per year for full coverage on two machines (570's). Yikes. Then they offered to transfer me to 'one of their subsidiaries' and I was on the line with a Progressive rep and she quoted me full coverage for $427 per year. The deductible with USAA was only offered at $100 (vs. $500 for Progressive) but I now have a policy with Progressive. Weird.

Mine is insured through USAA, cost me 200 a year, seasonal.

I use State farm. my 08 Tundra 550F cost $194 for full coverage year round.
    They said when my Expedition sport 600ACE comes in it will be @ $220 for full coverage year round.
    Can't beat the service also. I like being able to deal with an Agent in person not over the phone like some companies.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

I insured my new sled through state farm. $270 for the year including the trailer.

I just added two new sleds to my USAA policy and it increased my rate by $28.00 per month, $336 per year. I can live with that. I don't know why others are getting such high quotes from USAA.

Smith & Wesson
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

That would be a good protection policy but what about collision policy?

Quote Originally Posted by j*** View Post
    That would be a good protection policy but what about collision policy?
    Same Same....

So if you hit someone you're just gonna shoot 'em?

Can you start posting where/when you plan to ride, so we can avoid you?
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    So if you hit someone you're just gonna shoot 'em?

Can you start posting where/when you plan to ride, so we can avoid you?
    I own my sleds and so I have no desire to make the insurance companys any richer. In 20 years of riding up here I've never even come close to "hitting" someone or having someone hit me. If you (and I don't mean eagleriverdee, I mean collectively) feel you need collision insurance to ride a snowmachine, I suggest you,

1. learn to ride

2. find a safer place to ride

3. give up riding all together

And finally, yes.... if you hit me you will have more to "deal" with than just the damages. Just know, not everyone hides behind lawyers.

Thumbs down

AlaskaAssassin:

It was a joke. Thus the winky. I had assumed your comment about using a gun if someone has an accident with you was a joke also and was responding in kind. I can't imagine that anyone's first response in an accident would be to pull a gun on someone.

As to insurance, I carry it simply because I cannot afford to replace my sled if I wreck it, and I have full coverage so that if I cause a wreck my insurance will pay for any damage I cause to another sled or (God forbid) another person. It's a personal choice for me and I'm not trying to tell anyone else what to do. I think the thread was started by someone who just wanted to know how much it cost.

As to the rest of your post, I just think that was uncalled for, particularly as my comment to you was in jest. Sheesh. I know how to ride, but as a responsible woman I also know accidents happen. Not sure where your comment about hiding behind lawyers comes from, but I have one suggestion to you: What you say on the internet stays on the internet. Repeatedly stating on a forum that you'll pull a gun on someone if you get in an accident with them is a really bad idea. My 2 cents. Have a nice day.

Dena

What about maybe collision for a mishap on the highway while towing? That seems more likely than t-boning someone on another sled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    What about maybe collision for a mishap on the highway while towing? That seems more likely than t-boning someone on another sled.
    My understanding is that your vehicle insurance covers the trailer and what's on it when you're towing. The only thing you might want to check is what your coverage limits are, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    AlaskaAssassin:

It was a joke. Thus the winky. I had assumed your comment about using a gun if someone has an accident with you was a joke also and was responding in kind. I can't imagine that anyone's first response in an accident would be to pull a gun on someone.

As to insurance, I carry it simply because I cannot afford to replace my sled if I wreck it, and I have full coverage so that if I cause a wreck my insurance will pay for any damage I cause to another sled or (God forbid) another person. It's a personal choice for me and I'm not trying to tell anyone else what to do. I think the thread was started by someone who just wanted to know how much it cost.

As to the rest of your post, I just think that was uncalled for, particularly as my comment to you was in jest. Sheesh. I know how to ride, but as a responsible woman I also know accidents happen. Not sure where your comment about hiding behind lawyers comes from, but I have one suggestion to you: What you say on the internet stays on the internet. Repeatedly stating on a forum that you'll pull a gun on someone if you get in an accident with them is a really bad idea. My 2 cents. Have a nice day.

Dena

I know you were joking, geeze relax lady. First off YOU assumed I would pull a gun. How stupid is that. I was making tounge in cheek comments overall but I see you can't get that. I do carry a firearm when I ride, I WAS carrying it just for survival but thanks for the new great ideas!

*Sigh*

AlaskaAssassin:

Nicely spun. Stick to that story.

Can we get back to the original topic now?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast