Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: December Salt Water Fishing Charters???

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wasilla, AK
    Posts
    712

    Default December Salt Water Fishing Charters???

    My dad is coming up the second weekend of Dec. and is wanting to go out on a charter? Are there any charters within 5 or 6 hours of Wasilla that fish in the winter time and are productive. Bottom fish or salmon, dont matter.

    thanks

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    I know of a couple running out of Homer & they are both forum members.

    http://www.akskookumcharters.com/

    http://muttleycrewfishing.com/

    Well judging from the websites I'd go with skookum. muttleycrewfishings had too many pictures to download and w/ my slow internet it took too long dave seemed to be in every one lol. They both caught nice looking fish. I'm wondering which one would guarantee a limit of halibut?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Well judging from the websites I'd go with skookum. muttleycrewfishings had too many pictures to download and w/ my slow internet it took too long dave seemed to be in every one lol. They both caught nice looking fish. I'm wondering which one would guarantee a limit of halibut?
    Guess you'd better get faster internet if you want to keep up with all the fish my clients and I catch. I'm in a number of my "News" feed shots, but the majority of them are of clients. Though I'm not quite sure what the problem is with me posting pictures of the fish I catch personally. I spend a lot of time out there and for some odd reason potential clients seem to like to see the fish I catch. And at this time of year the important thing is a limit of kings. Not a lot of quality halibut around out there.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

  5. #5
    Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Old Harbor, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    1,359

    Default

    An hour from wasilla to anc, an hour from anc to kodiak, 30 minutes from Kodiak city to Old Harbor, 15 minutes to salmon and halibut. 2 hours 45 minutes to king salmon and halibut.
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

  6. #6
    Member homerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    homer, alaska
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    if you can't fly to kodiak... http://captpete.com/
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    Guess you'd better get faster internet if you want to keep up with all the fish my clients and I catch. I'm in a number of my "News" feed shots, but the majority of them are of clients. Though I'm not quite sure what the problem is with me posting pictures of the fish I catch personally. I spend a lot of time out there and for some odd reason potential clients seem to like to see the fish I catch. And at this time of year the important thing is a limit of kings. Not a lot of quality halibut around out there.
    we were in Homer in august and used Dave for our charter. I fish LOTS in the great lakes, and have used charters here, and in florida where i used to live. Dave was by far the most personable charter capt. i have ever had, we limited on halibut (not huge, but we didnt want huge, we wanted good eaters, so this was by design) between the halibut and silvers we caught with muttley crew, and the silvers we caught from shore in valdez we had all the fish we could take back on the plane. Great experience, great times, great memories, and great fish, who could ask for more?... thanks dave for being a great part of it!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcombo View Post
    An hour from wasilla to anc, an hour from anc to kodiak, 30 minutes from Kodiak city to Old Harbor, 15 minutes to salmon and halibut. 2 hours 45 minutes to king salmon and halibut.
    Sorry to get off topic for a minute, but hows the deer hunting near old harbor? I've heard the deer populations are on the comeback.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayooper View Post
    we were in Homer in august and used Dave for our charter. I fish LOTS in the great lakes, and have used charters here, and in florida where i used to live. Dave was by far the most personable charter capt. i have ever had, we limited on halibut (not huge, but we didnt want huge, we wanted good eaters, so this was by design) between the halibut and silvers we caught with muttley crew, and the silvers we caught from shore in valdez we had all the fish we could take back on the plane. Great experience, great times, great memories, and great fish, who could ask for more?... thanks dave for being a great part of it!
    I have never gone with Dave, but know others that have, and they had a great time. Other than it cost them money, they said they had a way better time than when they went out with me.....since the seas were like 8 feet out of Seward and everyone that didn't have sea legs puked everywhere.....yuk....

  10. #10
    Member Bullelkklr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    4,835

    Default

    You forgot the 2 hours early to TSAIA.......and the friendly strip search to the Too Stupid Association....which is worth admission costs totally.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •