Thread: First Rabbit of the year

Default First Rabbit of the year

IMG00308-20101127-1748.jpgIMG00307-20101127-1745.jpg
    After two days of trying I got this one on my way out of the trail. I caught a glimpse of him in some alders and was able to get a clean shot off. Lots of fun!

Is that bad boy skinned? It looks like the skeleton is out of it cept for the feet.

That's funny, I was gonna say, that boy looks a little hungry, not much meat on his bones there, heh heh

Nice Post, wish I had some down this fall, can't get 'em to stop hopping yet, no snow here yet and they are just too, "nervous in white."
    Then Eagles sittin' in the trees overhead may be contributing some to Nervous Bunnies on Kodiak
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

I am curious about it for sure, I was kind of thinking he may have killed it with a BFG chambered in 31x10.50 "mud'n Snow" sparked off with a hot blast of NGK and propelled by a full tank of Chevron 89 to a blistering speed of 75 fps....

funny ^^ I thought he hit it with the sled..lol

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Nice rabbit albiet the skinniest one I have seen so far. I shot several already thats been that size but 1/2-2 x as thick.

Ha, Yeah it is skinned. My wife wanted to take a picture. He does look pretty flat in the first photo. The rabbits are out in full force on the lower peninsula. I was driving home from soldotna hit one and saw about 15 to 20 dead on the road.

Don't fret, with that box of doughnuts on the counter you wont go hungry.