Thread: 10/22 scope recommendations?

Default 10/22 scope recommendations?

Have a 10/22 looking to put a scope on it. Used primarily for some grouse/bunny hunting and plinking. The holidays are here so $ is somewhat of an issue. Like to keep it <$100 or so. Lets have it
    thanks in advance

I bought a Cabelas Pine Ridge 3-9X50 for my 10/22 because it was really cheap in the bargain bin and I have a Pine Ridge on my 375H&H which has been great. Problem is I bought see through rings to clear the big lenses AND to be able to use the iron sight for the 10 yard shots when you sneak up on bunnies or they don't spook, but with the enormous lenses they hang down to the barrel and block the iron sight anyway... Obviously didn't think that through...

So last night I found another Pine Ridge scope (at Cabelas) that is a 2-7X32 for $50 that i'm going to order and i'll put that big job on something else. I really like the Pine Ridge scopes because out of the bargain bin i've been getting them for the price of a bottom end Tasco or Simmons but I think there much higher quality that those options.
    Last edited by limon32; 11-28-2010 at 10:28. Reason: Forgot to mention this is on a 10/22 also

Quote Originally Posted by drobin View Post
    Have a 10/22 looking to put a scope on it. Used primarily for some grouse/bunny hunting and plinking. The holidays are here so $ is somewhat of an issue. Like to keep it <$100 or so. Lets have it
    thanks in advance
    I recommend a Simmons .22 mag scope from sportmans. About 60 bucks. It worked just fine and was solid. My .02 cents.

Go with a fixed power IMO. I have had a Leupold 3x9 on mine as well as an inexpensive Redfield tracker 4x. The fixed 4x is a much better fit since I rarely shoot over 50 yards with the gun anyway. 4x brings a hare or grouse plenty close to make a good shot yet it still will focus at 10 yds.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I second the .22 mag scope I have had mine for a few years on 3 different .22;s and it is still awesome and it takes a beating my 10/22 is probably my most used gun

I am with AKmud. I have a Nikon Buckmaster 4x on my Marlin model 60 then took it off and put it on my .204 ruger. That little 4x is just the ticket for bunnies oncw you get em to stop.

I have a Nikon Prostaff on mine in 4x and it works beautifully. I have a Leupold base and rings holding it all together. I would highly recommend going this route, the whole setup is just solid.

I have a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 on mine, It works great and will still focus at super close range. But I already had it and didn't see the point in buying another one. It's a bit more than $100 bucks though, and if I was buying a new one I would go with the fixed 4x as well
    60% of men don't know what they have until they lose it
    15% aren't sure but figure it's better than nothing
    25% know exactly what they have and would do anything to lose it or give it to someone else

I have a Simmons Blazer 3-9x40 on mine. Been fine for years. I think it was about 40-50 bucks.

The 2-7 Leupold rimfire scope is easily the best scope I have ever used on a 22. Its a bit more than you wanted to spend but well worth it. I have also used a nikon 4x and that worked quite well.

Center Point cheap scope on the rack (not in the case) at Wal-Mart. Paid around $50 for a 3-9X40 last winter. I figured for the money what the heck. I have banged it all around and it is still working great. They come with mounts and scope caps.
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

drobin,
    I would encourage you to check out Nikon's brand new ProStaff rimfire series of scopes. We have a 3-9 with the BDC 150 reticle and a fixed 4X. I can see a lot of guys are already a fan Nikon scopes, I have an older ProStaff 3-9 on my 10/22 at this moment. Hopefully when the Rimfire hits the stores I can swap it out. The BDc works great especially when used with out Spot On web site for shooting data. Check out Spot On at Nikonhunting.com
    Drop me a note if you have any questions.
    Bart
    Nikon Pro Staff

Redfield is back in the game now owned and produced by leupold nice scopes and reasonably priced $ 150 for a 2-7 on their site But I think sports authority had them for a little cheaper. Fifty bucks more than you are looking to spend but they are made by leupold in the USA with the same warranty.

Ive used Simmons also..no problems. But lets be realistic,its a .22. Ive took so many bunny's with a .22 with any scope ,all head shots. Does it really matter. Your shots are all around 25 feet or so,or occasionally more ,soooooo any scope is good.
    Last edited by danthedewman1; 02-18-2011 at 23:41. Reason: added more

i use a weaver 4X on my rifle and think it is just about perfect. more than the optics, i changed out the stock, floated the barrel, and put in a 2.5# trigger.

it shoots (and groups) like a dream.
    happy trails.
    jh

Quote Originally Posted by pinehavensredrocket View Post
    i use a weaver 4X on my rifle and think it is just about perfect. more than the optics, i changed out the stock, floated the barrel, and put in a 2.5# trigger.

it shoots (and groups) like a dream.
    That trigger will narrow groups more than a scope. sweet.