Thread: Peep sight install

Default Peep sight install

I'm looking at having a new front sight and peep sight installed on an inherited Winchester model 94. Any recommendation for where to take it in Anchorage or Kenai area to have the work done?

Depending upon it's vintage it may be drilled where it will accept our ghostring sight for the Win94. If not I would recommend either a Lyman 66 or a Williams FP, some older guns were drilled for these sights. We could also instal a tang sight for you, although I'm not too fond of these eyegougers.
    Come on by, we'll fix you up.
    WWG 7100 Homer Dr.

here are a couple of my favorites that would work on your winchester....as you can see they are pleasing to the eye, and accurate too! the "86" winchester sight is a lyman 21 copy by providence tool co. the marlin tang sight is a lyman.
    happy trails.
    jh

cliff, them WWG rear peeps are stout for build! I would opt for that if u can or are willing to get them on. I of course had it on my semi-custom levergun they build yrs. back. the front should just take a front bead or a fiber optic and ur good to go. I rebuilt this 94 I have, a .30-30 and put on a fiber optic front and a Williams rear peep, glued a long leather strip to the lever, pinned the wooden stock here and there, replaced some missing parts internally and got rid of the rust on the reciever and spray painted some Krylon od green. Love the .30-30 with 180grn hardcast! Give WWG a try if you will, you won't be dissappointed.

regards,

This thread is right on time for me. I have been kicking around a rifle for my wrong eye dominant son and what better than the 30-30 that I started w/? I have been looking at the XS sights and they also have a scout scope mounting system that may be pretty slick as well. I would like to find a laminate stock for it as well but haven't seen one just yet. I may do a composite stock and have Hunt_AK do a durracoat job on it. This rifle will also probably be one of 3 that get's shipped out to black ice for a teflon coating this summer. It would also be nice to have a slightly larger lever loop installed.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I would like to find a laminate stock for it as well but haven't seen one just yet..
    LuJon,
    Check out Davidsons...they had a run of stainless/laminate "Trapper" models made up in 30-30, 45-70, and .308MX... might be what you're looking for.