Thread: March trip rates to Fairbanks?

Question March trip rates to Fairbanks?

During spring break my wife and I are contemplating a trip to Fairbanks in March. How are the rates there at that time for lodging and more importantly what are the conditions weather wise up there? This would be a scouting trip to move there permanently in spring. Any recommendatioms? Thanks!

I flown up family for both 20K and 25K miles on AK Airlines then. Around spring break week rates are normally harder to come by but those are normally the rates leaving AK. Hotels in Fairbanks are all winter rates you can find $75 a night if you can qualify for some type of discount. I have stayed a lot at Pikes but the Hampton is new and very nice if you are not participating in Pike's Incentive Rates program (10 night for a free night and AK Airlines miles for each reservation). Car rentals normally at a low then too.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by THE_HUNTERIAM View Post
    During spring break my wife and I are contemplating a trip to Fairbanks in March. How are the rates there at that time for lodging and more importantly what are the conditions weather wise up there? This would be a scouting trip to move there permanently in spring. Any recommendatioms? Thanks!
    well March is one of THOSE months... the light is long... it MIGHT be warm in the day.. it might be -40... personally i hate march with a passion...

it is that time that cabin fever sets in. there is to much snow to work on what i want to work on... there are ample opportunities to be out in it... but by then i am generally sick of it...

March is NOT the time to shop for land... except to get an idea of WHERE it is in conjunction with where you would like to be..

Early MAY Is a great time to look at the land... you'll have a really good idea of how wet the area is then...

March rates for lodging are still in winter rates... there will still be ice sculptures to look at and stuff... Fairbanks is kinda quite then too...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

My wife just posed the question if I could bring my CCW pistol up on our trip. I have an Ohio CCW. I think my best optipn is to buy something up there and then ship it back to myself afterwards. Can I do that being an Ohio resident?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

pretty sure AK recognizes outa state CCW... Though it is not required up here ... if you can carry, it can be CCW..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Like stated before: that time of year is still winter rates. The Regency Hotel 907-452-3200 has some of the best winter rates, and good food.

As far as CCW if your over 21 you can ccw with no permit. With no felony record.

Great info! Thanks!

My understanding is that a non resident CAN NOT purchase firearms in Alaska (if I'm wrong- let me know). Most States will only let you (non resident) purchase a firearm if your home state physically touches the state you want to purchase from (again-if I'm wrong, let me know).

Quote Originally Posted by nuprofessor View Post
    My understanding is that a non resident CAN NOT purchase firearms in Alaska (if I'm wrong- let me know). Most States will only let you (non resident) purchase a firearm if your home state physically touches the state you want to purchase from (again-if I'm wrong, let me know).
    I do believe non residents can buy a long guns rifle/shotgun but not sure about hand guns.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_HUNTERIAM View Post
    Bring your gas mask if you plan on living in Fairbanks, when it's 10 below or colder you will have difficult breathing, I've lived in the interior all my life and the air is getting so bad in Fairbanks from the wood and coal smoke, that I will move as soon as retirement is possible.