Thread: Crosswinds Lake

Default Crosswinds Lake

Was at XW this last week fishing was real good The ice is 9 inches on north end got 6" snow witch produced a lot of over flow next cold spell will fix that.
    Last edited by Brian M; 11-27-2010 at 09:54. Reason: commercial messages prohibited

What is the best way 2 get 2 xw lake? Snowmachine trail? Thanks

fly, or there is snowmachine trail.. that's it..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

The best way is to ride in from tolsona lake.it is a short ride in mabye ten miles.There is some great fishing to be had on that lake.Kirk rents his cabins on the lake,there is someone else out there that does but I'd pm Kirk about renting his,he knows that lake very well and will give you some tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotton View Post
    The best way is to ride in from tolsona lake.it is a short ride in mabye ten miles.
    Nineteen to the south end of the lake. It's another dozen or so miles to the north end.

what kind of fish do you guys catch there?

My machine last year clocked 13 miles to the south edge of the lake. Another 10 to Kirk's cabins. I think it is roughly 21 miles east of lake Louise on another trail. They catch Lake Trout, Burbot and whitefish in the lake.

Hi all I was at XW last weekend fishing was great. There is a lot of overflow. If you looking for the trail it is at mile 170 glen hwy there is a parking lot right as you turn in at mile 170. The trail is well marked & lot is plowed it is 15 miles to the lake trail is groomed. When you get to lake if you want to come to my place go north 8 miles I am all the way at north end. I will be there during holidays come on up will help if I can. For more info call 907 320 1016

We have borbot & lake trout at xw if you are coming in from lake louise get on trail to xw there are sings on trail you will come on lake 1/2 mile from my place it is about 25 miles. When you get LL just ask one of lodge people & thy will point you in right detection.

what works good for bait/lure, I have never fished for lake trout or burbot before?

Whitefish, Whitefish, Whitefish. Hooligan work well I am told

year before last SalmonMan and I along with some friends headed out to the Kirk's cabins to stay a few nights. Every one caught fish around me. I was of course waiting for the big one. I fished and fished and was thinking that I was going to get skunked when this monster smacked my hook. It put up a great fight took fifteen minuets to ice and it was just this little thing. Been trying to get back there but things havnt worked out hope i will make it the end of this month but I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by little dave View Post
    year before last SalmonMan and I along with some friends headed out to the Kirk's cabins to stay a few nights. Every one caught fish around me. I was of course waiting for the big one. I fished and fished and was thinking that I was going to get skunked when this monster smacked my hook. It put up a great fight took fifteen minuets to ice and it was just this little thing. Been trying to get back there but things havnt worked out hope i will make it the end of this month but I don't know.

Nice fish..... bragger!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Ya I admit I need some time in the spot light also!!!! It cant all be about the fish whisperer. LOL guess you have to check out ice shanty to get that. Did tell you all that I caught it on a reel that had a broke handle.

Quote Originally Posted by little dave View Post
    Ya I admit I need some time in the spot light also!!!! It cant all be about the fish whisperer. LOL guess you have to check out ice shanty to get that. Did tell you all that I caught it on a reel that had a broke handle.
    Yea I heard the story, I am handicapped every time I go out! Your spot light may go out fast if one of the new guys starts posting.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

SalmonMan... clear out you PM box.......
    Bill Hicks

That is one nice laker little dave. I am going to Crosswinds over the holiday next weekend. Hope I hook into a nice one like you did.