Thread: Chena lake

Default Chena lake

Went to Chena lake a week ago and were catchin alot of little trout. Maybe a couple 12 inchers.

That's pretty much all there is there...but alot of action nonetheless!!! Try Quartz out by Delta. Just a few hundred yards off the boat launch yields many 'bows over 20"! Good Luck!!!

Sapper in the Skies

Thanks alot sapper 27. Is that just a name or are you really a sapper? I'm at wainwright and am looking for a buddy to go Ice fishing with?

I AM a Sapper as a matter of fact! I was a squad leader/platoon sergeant for the 562 EN (old 172nd SBCT) and the 73rd EN CO. I am a warrant officer now flying UH-60s in 1-52 AV. We head out to Quartz alot during the winter and you are welcome to meet us there anytime. I fish with a couple of dudes that are here on the forum and I have learned tons just by asking questions...

I appriciate the info snowelf2 and will continue to serve my country and be very pround of what I do. sapper 27 thank you and I appriciate the invite, hope to see you out there.

Why the hostility? I know I wasn't born here but I chose to retire up here back when I moved here in 2004. Just trying to help people on the forum. What exactly have I lied about? I'm fully entitled to fish up here just like anyone else Army or not. Sounds like you have some issues man...

I'm really sorry you feel that way. I have Ice fished at home since I was a kid and love to be outdoors, theres nothing like it. I think Alaska is a great place and am so fortuante to be stationed up here. I feel u will never understand how grateful I am and talking to you now is a waste of my time. Sorry you feel this way.

I deleted a couple post that violated forum rules.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Hey man hey man. I just wanted to apologize. I just have a tough time with new people coming here and taking over our fishing spots. I'm glad you are serving our great country. I'll probably be out to chena tomorrow. I would like to meet you guys and apologize in person. You sounded sincere, I dont want no hard feelings. Ive been used for all my fishing knowledge on here before and I don't want to be taken advantage of again

Quote Originally Posted by Littlesnowelf2 View Post
    Hey man hey man. I just wanted to apologize. I just have a tough time with new people coming here and taking over our fishing spots. I'm glad you are serving our great country. I'll probably be out to chena tomorrow. I would like to meet you guys and apologize in person. You sounded sincere, I dont want no hard feelings. Ive been used for all my fishing knowledge on here before and I don't want to be taken advantage of again
    Thank you Sir.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I would really like to come over and meet your wife and have dinner. Maybe we could have a cookout at your house with all the fish we catch tomorrow. I hope it will all fit on that little red grill of yours. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!