Thread: Petersville 11-26-10

Talking Petersville 11-26-10

Snow conditions were ok with scattered pockets of snow just deep enough to have a good time. I was no more than 10 miles from the parking lot at any given time and managed to log 60 miles on the sled. I'd say 40 of that was in one massive field that had 18" of untouched white stuff.

Someone plowed over the mile parker with a sled between the parking lot and the roadhouse. That looked like a wild ride. Another unusual event was seeing the front loader plow truck that clears that parking lots stuck with it's front tires buried in the ditch. Who would have imagined that ditch was 5' deep.

I'll be the first to admit I am not going to WOW anyone with my riding abilities. So, enjoy watching a noob on a sled.

Palmer, AK

Thanks for the vid...... As If I wasn't already close enough to telling the boss to take this job and shove it....

BTW, I like the Nytro! That is high on my list of things to get when I do make it back home!!

Eagle River

Thanks for the update. We'll be headed up to pville tomorrow.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

I would get to the kroto parking lot EARLY. That place filled up fast.

The trail is in horrible condition so I rode the paralleling swamps from point A to B.

the 907

It was crazy today. Snow was decent but not great. Headed back behind Kenny Creek and tooled around in some swamps. TONS of people trying to get a parking place.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Big Lake

i live outside wasilla about 9 miles and sat and sun morning we like to count snowmachines headed north...can't image what the parkin areas are like.
    Master guide 212

Eagle River

The parking lots looked like black friday at the mall on Saterday.

Swamps and creeks still not froze up, but lots of untouched areas in the swamps. Crunchy crust layer from the rain last week, 6" of fresh snow on top, better snow in the swamps protected from the wind by the trees.

It was a great bluebird day in Pville yesterday! EagleRiverDee, myself, and my 15 year old son had a blast. We had plans of riding the swamps but the snow didn't seem the greatest so we headed back to the hills behind the Roadhouse. We found 3 1/2' of untouched snow in field after field after field. The parking lots were insane with traffic, but we saw very few people where we were riding.

My son seemed to have trouble with those "magnetic" trees... They kept calling to him. You can see in the picture just how deep the snow was.

This is one of the fields we played in that was untouched. It was amazing that this being a holiday weekend, so many vehicles in the parking lots, yet so many large fields that we found untouched.