Thread: My black Friday score

Default My black Friday score

Love that DAO trigger, $399 OTD with holster at Sportsmans in FBX. I was the 5th one in the door. Xmas present from the MIL.

Saw in their Thursday ad that Sportsman had the Vortex Viper 6.5-20X44 OR the 6.5-20X50 riflescopes for $249.00. The 6.5-20X44 goes for around $269 on the web but the 6.5-20X50 models go for around $469! I suspect someone screwed up on the pricing but who maybe not.

Went to the Anchorage store and got the 2 they had left for $249 minus the $10 gift card I got at the gun show. For $239 they are one heck of a scope and probably about the best Black Friday deal going.

Now I've got to figure what to put them on!
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Well that ought to keep you happy for a while. Good buy, glad you got it, let us know how it shoots.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

I scored a set of L4 Russell Outdoors apxg2 camo, bought the jacket and got the pants free. Jacket and pants are strikingly similar to Sitka 90% but cost half as much. The mossy oak camo pattern could be different but the price was right on at 170 bucks for the jacket and pants.

Wore them out to the range today at 23 degrees and I was quite comfotable with a mid-weight fleece layer for about 6 hours. If your looking at getting Sitka Gear, check out the apxg2 first and compare the two.

Quote Originally Posted by zacsquatch View Post

Love that DAO trigger, $399 OTD with holster at Sportsmans in FBX. I was the 5th one in the door. Xmas present from the MIL.
    Little tough to see what that is. Is it a SIG? If so, HUGE score!

Nice! Shoot it yet? I got a Sig P226 .40 cal myself yesterday.

Put 200 rounds in at the Indoor range Friday night and then another 100 at S Cushman Saturday. Shoots great, no FTF's or FTE's. I took it out of the box, stripped it, cleaned the packing grease out, lubed and reassembled and it was perfect. I am shooting 6 inches low at 7 yards though.

Sig P250 9mm compact btw.