Thread: Trap Id tags needed???

Default Trap Id tags needed???

OK, haven't trapped in a few years but will be playing at it a bit this year.
    I was thinking that trap ID tags were required (name & phone # or something like that) but can't find that requirement anywhere in the regs.
    Does the state (not counting special places like the KNWR) have any such requirements?
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Unless things are different for you down there you dont need them. Some people hang a sign letting everyone know that this is so and so's trapline. But this is not a requirement in the interior either.

Units 1-5 and 12 and 20 plus Parks I believe....Like Chugach state park.

Thanks guys.
    I'm unit 15 so it looks like I'm OK without.
    Time to get out with my 7yr old & snag a mink or two!
    Vance in AK.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default Vance, you should really download the trapping regs

Vance,

I don't have the link offhand to the trapping reg pdf file. I do have the little book here, some ares of Unit 15 are close to trapping, like the Skilak Loop Wildlife Mgmt area.

Just always a good idea imo to go through the regs to make sure you are legal.
    Good luck out there,

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Vance,

Just always a good idea imo to go through the regs to make sure you are legal.
    Good luck out there,
    Hi Mark.

Always good advice! I do have the reg book & had read it. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Somewhere in the back of my mind was the thought that the tags were nedded but I guess it's just a reg on the refuge here.
    Vance in AK.

Vance, give me a call. I have a couple mink spots close to town that never fail to produce and they are easy for kids to access. I will even lend you some traps if you need them.

Mac

Hey Mac!
    Been going to call you anyway but things got crazy. I'll try & get you early this week. Good to hear from you.
    Vance in AK.