Thread: sausage stuffing recipe???

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default sausage stuffing recipe???

Man i cant find it... last year.. maybe longer ago some one posted.. (Chico???) a recipe for stuffing with sausage in it...

i wanna make some for my goose... to go with the game Thanks for giving dinner... Caribou prime rib...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Oh man... couldn't you have just asked with the recipe without listing all the game?? lol

Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

steve

Vince, Here you go.

Igrediances

1 pound of mild sausage. (I prefer Country Pride Sausage.) Jimmy Dean Maple Syrup sausage works well also or what ever is your fancy.
    1/2 Celery stalk chopped in small peices
    1/2 Onion Chopped in small peices
    Chicken Base or Chicken Boullion
    1/2 cup of real butter
    1 large Stuffing Package. (Big Fan of Pepperidge Farm)

Brown one pound of sausage
    Cook down your celery and onion in a little chicken broth in a large sauce pan
    Add Butter
    Add your recommended amount of chicken broth to the mix (Use water and chicken base/boullian,or premixed chicken broth) and bring to a boil and turn it off.
    Add package of stuffing
    Add Sausage and drippings
    Mix it up
    Add more chicken broth if you like it softer.

Stuff your Bird with it or just keep it in a casserole dish nice and warm.

Some kids or folks are not fans of onion, celery or sausage so I have just ran it all in a food processor to a mince and added it to the mix and they loved it. What they don't know won't hurt them unless you know they are allergic

Happy Thanksgiving to All.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

thank you sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Your Welcome, hope it turns out well for you.

was a big hit Chico... i used fresh basil, sage, and Cilantro... 1 lb of Caribou breakfast sausage... and the un seasoned.. breads..

1/2 a red onion... and a clove of Elephant garlic..

stuffed it into a fat goose provided by AKfishfool.. and served it along side a pribe rib of Caribou from the October nelchina hunt with fresh gravy made from the goose drippings...

[img][/img]before the goose...

in the goose...

the prime...

LETS EAT IT!!!!!!!!! goose in front. sliced prime behind it... all mouth watering juicy...

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    was a big hit Chico... i used fresh basil, sage, and Cilantro... 1 lb of Caribou breakfast sausage... and the un seasoned.. breads..

1/2 a red onion... and a clove of Elephant garlic..

stuffed it into a fat goose provided by AKfishfool.. and served it along side a pribe rib of Caribou from the October nelchina hunt with fresh gravy made from the goose drippings...

[img][/img]before the goose...

in the goose...

the prime...

LETS EAT IT!!!!!!!!! goose in front. sliced prime behind it... all mouth watering juicy...

Looks Awesome!!!!!!!!! How do you like that electric roaster? Is is better than using the standard roaster in the oven?

Quote Originally Posted by chico99645 View Post
    Looks Awesome!!!!!!!!! How do you like that electric roaster? Is is better than using the standard roaster in the oven?
    it worked pretty good... as the oven was already full all day long.. it was a nice addition.. the goose browned up nice, crisped the skin on the edges.. and cleaned up easy... not bad for 39.99 @ freds (22 qt)

meet on face book here