Thread: Polar Bear land:

Default Polar Bear land:

The www.adn.com artical says about 13,000 square miles of sea ice and land, or about 8.3 million acres is under consideration for a lockup for the bears.

Does anybody else see a problem with this?

With everything else that goes on with the north slope, the bou are still there, the bears are still there, the fur bearers are still there,,,,,

What am I missing?

Lock up more for no drilling.

Listen folks its fine to think that we could like live off other fuels IF WE HAD ENOUGH TO FUEL THE WORLD, but we have nothing of the sort at the moment.

Take the fuel that we have out of your house's and you will see a mass tree cutting, ( I believe they call it clear cutting), and you will deplete the oxogene that you breath.

Done with the rant.

There are more polar bears now than there have ever been. There is no danger of their extinction. We don't need MORE land locked up in Alaska. Period.

It is all very interesting. The amazing thing is the amount of money that can be spent (and made) to do nothing about anything. We can spend millions to research a "green" hydro dam project but ultimately it won't get built so only the folks doing the study make any money. We can study gas lines, bridges, wells, mining etc till we are all blue in the face and non of it ever gets developed, we spend and spend and spend but nothing gets purchased! It is amazing our economy has shifted from production driven to permit driven! It is likely more viable to own a environmental research consulting business with few workers and almost zero infrastructure than it is to own a manufacturing company that could potentially employ hundreds or thousands....

This is why I work in a rapidly growing niche medical IT market. In 20 years I will have enough experience that I could easily become a consultant and make a fortune working 6mos out of the year. I will probably have 1 admin assistant if any and produce nothing but a spiral bound report detailing a hundred or so pages of findings and suggestions... My point? Simple there is no money in industry anymore, there is far more and much easier money in the impedance of progress than actually progressing!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    ...... there is far more and much easier money in the impedance of progress than actually progressing!

It's called bureaucracy the government has been doing it for years.
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    It is all very interesting. The amazing thing is the amount of money that can be spent (and made) to do nothing about anything. We can spend millions to research a "green" hydro dam project but ultimately it won't get built so only the folks doing the study make any money. We can study gas lines, bridges, wells, mining etc till we are all blue in the face and non of it ever gets developed, we spend and spend and spend but nothing gets purchased! It is amazing our economy has shifted from production driven to permit driven! It is likely more viable to own a environmental research consulting business with few workers and almost zero infrastructure than it is to own a manufacturing company that could potentially employ hundreds or thousands....

This is why I work in a rapidly growing niche medical IT market. In 20 years I will have enough experience that I could easily become a consultant and make a fortune working 6mos out of the year. I will probably have 1 admin assistant if any and produce nothing but a spiral bound report detailing a hundred or so pages of findings and suggestions... My point? Simple there is no money in industry anymore, there is far more and much easier money in the impedance of progress than actually progressing!
    Boy if that isn't true in almost every industry I can think of, yet so many people think changing a couple congresspersons is going to turn the economy around