Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Saving Good Ones ?

  1. #1
    Member kodiakrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kodiak, Ak
    Posts
    3,175

    Default Saving Good Ones ?

    Just a question, is there a way I can save Good Stories, recipes, other stuff I find on here?

    I know there is a follow/subscribe to a good thread option, Can I stash stuff somewhere, or find a way to remind myself of the indispensible stuff somehow.
    Tag them somehow to find later? Anything?

    For example some of Stid's hunt story threads, for rereading later,

    how can I avoid having to watch them go off into oblivion buried by arguments about, "What Caliber for Bear," type stuff in Hunting Forum?
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

  2. #2
    Member GrizzlyH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wasilla, AK
    Posts
    574

    Default

    All your subscribed threads should be listed on your settings page under list subscriptions.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    591

    Default

    You can copy and paste to Word or any text program.
    That's how I save stuff.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

  4. #4
    Member northriver21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    554

    Default

    I think what you want can be done and its fairly simple. It will only take 3 steps.

    At the top of the thread you want to save (1) click on thread tools(2) show printable version.(3) This will open up the thread in a Vbulletin printable page, from this page you can do a save as and put it wherever you want on your computer.

    I tried it with a multiple page thread and just by clicking the printable version tab It converted the whole thread not just the one page. From there it is very simple to save it.

    Try it...I think you'll figure it out pretty quick. Hope this helps.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northriver21 View Post
    I think what you want can be done and its fairly simple. It will only take 3 steps.

    At the top of the thread you want to save (1) click on thread tools(2) show printable version.(3) This will open up another page and you can do a save as and put it wherever you want on your computer.

    I tried it with a multiple page thread and just by clicking the printable version tab It converted the whole thread not just the one page. From there it is very simple to save it.

    Try it...I think you'll figure it out pretty quick. Hope this helps.
    I concur with this being the Best Method. Don't rely on the Site to retain archives. I can tell you with certainty, there has been a lot of info deleted on the site over the course of years. Save it to your computer or better yet, an external hard drive.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  6. #6
    Member kodiakrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kodiak, Ak
    Posts
    3,175

    Default

    Thanks for the replies,

    I had been saving to Word,

    but hadn't seen the Printable Version Tab, much more efficient, just what I was looking for

    Wouldn't it be cool if there was a sticky for Hunt Stories, Good Recipes, stuff to save you from searching all over to get to the good advice/tips given?
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •