Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What sound is this?

Default What sound is this?

They are playing this on a Foxpro in AK but I can't figure out what sound it is. I have not seen a "moose in distress" sound but maybe I just missed it?

We have a calf moose distress call on our Fury......

Click on mark II 24 bit...it'll have a drop down menu....

http://www.gofoxpro.com/estore/sound...category_id=27
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

shoulda heard the one get killed out on the mining claim last fall... went on nearly 20 min camps 2 miles away heard it crying
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Sounds like they are trying to do a black bear cub.
    Chuck

I shot a large calf many years ago and it made a very similar sound as it was dying. The cow chased me around a clump of trees for 5 minutes before she decided the calf was toast. I was so scared, can't even remember what the cows bellerin sounded like.
    Sorry hunters, I was going for the eating meat, not a trophy. Was tough times back then with 3 kids to feed.
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Its a moose calf in distress. Probably downloaded it and put it on his call.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    We have a calf moose distress call on our Fury......

Click on mark II 24 bit...it'll have a drop down menu....

http://www.gofoxpro.com/estore/sound...category_id=27
    Thanks huntress! That solved it for me, I was looking at the regular set of calls and didn't have the 24 bit ones on the list. Well that also settles it, I will pony up for the fury instead of the spitfire when I buy my call to get the 24 bit sounds. Only bad part is I may have to invest in a hawken rifle!

What movie is that LuJon, that looks hilarious!!!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Jeremiah Johnson..... It's a classic!!! I have here on the computer and watch it at least once a month.

Just make sure it's a genuine hawkin, oops, I mean foxpro.

Thats one of the greatest movies ever made!

Also just an observation I noticed that the rifle he shot the bear with was a Ruger. Does that come in somethng other than 223. I would hate to think he is backing some one up with a varmint rifle! Hillbilly

I'll have to rent that one....Some reason I don't recall ever seeing it. Thanks guys!

Could be a mini 30..Also think it sounds kind of like a cub which would be good for bringing in boars
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Lujon I maybe wrong but I remember reading somewhere that you can play the 24 bit sounds on any foxpro but it will only play it in the standard format. Maybe some one else on here knows for sure. Hillbilly

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Jon last year there was a fox pro pred thread on DOWN LOADS pred sounds. i put a utube on there of black bear grabbing moose calf and the two nucks in the canoe recorded it on video... huntak was gonna save it... I know where it is but thats a non working laptop at the moment...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

You can play most of the FoxPro 24 bit sounds on the other FoxPro callers, but they won't be in the 24 bit format. Here's a link to the sounds and also a note about what sounds are available on specific models:

http://www.gofoxpro.com/soundlist.pdf

Talked with foxpro,dont know if thats a moose calf in distress but foxpro does not have that sound but is currently working on new sounds and that one in particular.

I'll have to rent that one....Some reason I don't recall ever seeing it. Thanks guys!
    Even a whippersnapper like myself saw that in my younger days!!! Get on the ball!!

Watch it with the hubby too...he'll get a kick out of it for sure as well!

Really thayer? Then why, on my very first post did I mention I not only have that sound (moose calf in distress)on my Fury (Foxpro by the way)...and then also provided the link to the sound and how to find it? There is not only distressed calf, there is crying calf and screaming calf as well.....

Quote Originally Posted by thayer the slayer View Post
    Talked with foxpro,dont know if thats a moose calf in distress but foxpro does not have that sound but is currently working on new sounds and that one in particular.
    Hunt he actually told me he saw it already....I must be behind the times!

I am sure he would be up for watching it again, regardless! In fact I think I am going to load it up and watch it for turkey day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast