Thread: coyote ID needed

Default coyote ID needed

I have a new critter around my place on the slough in north pole. It has a dog shaped and sized track, It walks single file with the rear pad always placed in the front track, and it will not come into the yard or cross my small wooden bridge. Instead it circles back and forth behind the pens near the slough. It won't go in the pen, it just circles. Always stays behind trees and cover. I get neighborhood dogs occasionally trying to come in my yard, but they usually come right through the middle of the yard. If it is a yote I need to trap it, I can't afford to loose anymore birds from my coup, but I would like to avoid snairing a dog if I can.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    60% of men don't know what they have until they lose it
    15% aren't sure but figure it's better than nothing
    25% know exactly what they have and would do anything to lose it or give it to someone else

If it is stepping in its own track as it walks, it shouldn't be a domestic dog. I'd guess either a fox or coyote. How far apart are the tracks?

AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

another pic -

AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

the tracks in your photo look almost identical to the ones i have. It has been out the last couple nights between 7pm and midnight. Up and down the slough coming close to homes but never crossing the yards and always staying behind cover when it can.
    25% know exactly what they have and would do anything to lose it or give it to someone else

Do you have a game camera? They are great for putting up around the coop and finding out who your culprit is..
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

no I don't have a game camera, I want to buy one but the funds are not there right now. I will set some traps out tonight and watch them. The only dogs that have caused issue so far are a blue healer, and a beagle. Both are short so if I set a few snares at ten inches they should miss them I think. It's either that or a couple number three leg hold traps. But I only have a couple of those laying around.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i have three swingby and borrow. one
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

will you still be there at 4:30 tonight? If so I will stop by

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

here till 6ish maybe later depending on clients
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here