Thread: Phantoms & wooldridge xl sport jet

Default Phantoms & wooldridge xl sport jet

hey All just talked to a friend down at Marita, they have a phantom 2010 SportJon
    with 2011 features in stock and it,s loaded with options. I bugged them for a great price on the Sport jon, list was $51,000 + they will sell it for $45,000.00 is that a good deal.?

they will also have a 2011 model Wooldridge xl sport jet the 1st week of December.
    I will need to have a look at that too...!!!!

I talked to Todd Towell & John Martin both seemed to know a lot about Phantom and Wooldridge boats and boats in general, good guys

I have a SJX and love the boat when I was looking at SJ wooldridge wasnt making one with a sportjet. Ive been in T wooldridge and it was a great ride when you want to turn it does it on a dime there is no sliding. My SJX likes to slide now that said before anyone else says something I know all about leting off the power and as you get to the apex in the turn power back up. I guess what Im trying to say is they are both good boats but if Wooldridge was making a SJ when I was in the market I would have gotten one.

Both great boats. But the wooly is mine choice. If you think 45 a great deal try around Feb. It should come down some more or even check out the shops around fairbanks.

we as boat builders have a saying, we can build em bullet proof but we cant build them idiot froof. if you have brackets or tabs cracking and breaking stop useing the boat and get them repaired, thats what a warranty is for,most transems crack and fall off because the owner tows his boat down the road with no straps, the trailer and boat beating against each other with a 300 # motor flopping up and down.
    yes things will break there are ads showing jet boats running througy solid weeds, come on now a jet is a vaccum any thing there is sucked up and plugs up. just proof you can sell ice to eskimos with the right advertising,and some people will buy it.someone ask me what I thought of the phantom boats,I said I liked them they make my payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by moosemaster350 View Post
    we as boat builders have a saying, we can build em bullet proof but we cant build them idiot froof. if you have brackets or tabs cracking and breaking stop useing the boat and get them repaired, thats what a warranty is for,most transems crack and fall off because the owner tows his boat down the road with no straps, the trailer and boat beating against each other with a 300 # motor flopping up and down.
    yes things will break there are ads showing jet boats running througy solid weeds, come on now a jet is a vaccum any thing there is sucked up and plugs up. just proof you can sell ice to eskimos with the right advertising,and some people will buy it.someone ask me what I thought of the phantom boats,I said I liked them they make my payroll.
    Sounds like some great advice..........! I just wish I knew what it was
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Quote Originally Posted by Akgramps View Post
    Sounds like some great advice..........! I just wish I knew what it was
    Now that's some funny, funny, stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by akmarineguy View Post
    hey All just talked to a friend down at Marita, they have a phantom 2010 SportJon
    with 2011 features in stock and it,s loaded with options. I bugged them for a great price on the Sport jon, list was $51,000 + they will sell it for $45,000.00 is that a good deal.?

they will also have a 2011 model Wooldridge xl sport jet the 1st week of December.

I talked to Todd Towell & John Martin both seemed to know a lot about Phantom and Wooldridge boats and boats in general, good guys
    What are the options?

Quote Originally Posted by akmarineguy View Post

I work down at the port and saw a black Wooldridge XL SJ come in the tag said it was for Marita. I bet you could see it by Friday or Saturday a pretty loaded up boat black like TJM'S with a 2 axle trailer, disc brakes, with 3ft bench seats.

I love to run down there and buy it but. I cant afford it unless someone whated to buy my predator and the girl freind would be ok with cans of beans and moose all winter and no date night. Mite even have to walk to work. man i love to have that wooly tho. Why should TJM have all the fun

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Why should TJM have all the fun
    I shouldn't...that's why we'll have to run this summer...less than 4 months to go 'til we can get 'em wet again...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    I love to run down there and buy it but. I cant afford it unless someone whated to buy my predator and the girl freind would be ok with cans of beans and moose all winter and no date night. Mite even have to walk to work. man i love to have that wooly tho. Why should TJM have all the fun
    Mike I know what you mean LOL my wife would kill me if even said the word boat when we got the SJX I told her this it I wont need another boat. But then again wooly wasnt making a SJ at that time either. Owell they are all fun to run come on spring