Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Phantoms & wooldridge xl sport jet

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Palmer, Alaska
    Posts
    32

    Default Phantoms & wooldridge xl sport jet

    hey All just talked to a friend down at Marita, they have a phantom 2010 SportJon
    with 2011 features in stock and it,s loaded with options. I bugged them for a great price on the Sport jon, list was $51,000 + they will sell it for $45,000.00 is that a good deal.?

    they will also have a 2011 model Wooldridge xl sport jet the 1st week of December.
    I will need to have a look at that too...!!!!

    I talked to Todd Towell & John Martin both seemed to know a lot about Phantom and Wooldridge boats and boats in general, good guys

  2. #2
    Member skybust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    alaska
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    I have a SJX and love the boat when I was looking at SJ wooldridge wasnt making one with a sportjet. Ive been in T wooldridge and it was a great ride when you want to turn it does it on a dime there is no sliding. My SJX likes to slide now that said before anyone else says something I know all about leting off the power and as you get to the apex in the turn power back up. I guess what Im trying to say is they are both good boats but if Wooldridge was making a SJ when I was in the market I would have gotten one.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Both great boats. But the wooly is mine choice. If you think 45 a great deal try around Feb. It should come down some more or even check out the shops around fairbanks.

  4. #4
    New member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    9

    Default

    we as boat builders have a saying, we can build em bullet proof but we cant build them idiot froof. if you have brackets or tabs cracking and breaking stop useing the boat and get them repaired, thats what a warranty is for,most transems crack and fall off because the owner tows his boat down the road with no straps, the trailer and boat beating against each other with a 300 # motor flopping up and down.
    yes things will break there are ads showing jet boats running througy solid weeds, come on now a jet is a vaccum any thing there is sucked up and plugs up. just proof you can sell ice to eskimos with the right advertising,and some people will buy it.someone ask me what I thought of the phantom boats,I said I liked them they make my payroll.

  5. #5
    Member Akgramps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Last civilized place on the planet
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moosemaster350 View Post
    we as boat builders have a saying, we can build em bullet proof but we cant build them idiot froof. if you have brackets or tabs cracking and breaking stop useing the boat and get them repaired, thats what a warranty is for,most transems crack and fall off because the owner tows his boat down the road with no straps, the trailer and boat beating against each other with a 300 # motor flopping up and down.
    yes things will break there are ads showing jet boats running througy solid weeds, come on now a jet is a vaccum any thing there is sucked up and plugs up. just proof you can sell ice to eskimos with the right advertising,and some people will buy it.someone ask me what I thought of the phantom boats,I said I liked them they make my payroll.
    Sounds like some great advice..........! I just wish I knew what it was
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

  6. #6
    Member AK Troutbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chugiak, AK.
    Posts
    1,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akgramps View Post
    Sounds like some great advice..........! I just wish I knew what it was
    Now that's some funny, funny, stuff.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akmarineguy View Post
    hey All just talked to a friend down at Marita, they have a phantom 2010 SportJon
    with 2011 features in stock and it,s loaded with options. I bugged them for a great price on the Sport jon, list was $51,000 + they will sell it for $45,000.00 is that a good deal.?

    they will also have a 2011 model Wooldridge xl sport jet the 1st week of December.
    I will need to have a look at that too...!!!!

    I talked to Todd Towell & John Martin both seemed to know a lot about Phantom and Wooldridge boats and boats in general, good guys
    What are the options?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akmarineguy View Post
    hey All just talked to a friend down at Marita, they have a phantom 2010 SportJon
    with 2011 features in stock and it,s loaded with options. I bugged them for a great price on the Sport jon, list was $51,000 + they will sell it for $45,000.00 is that a good deal.?

    they will also have a 2011 model Wooldridge xl sport jet the 1st week of December.
    I will need to have a look at that too...!!!!

    I talked to Todd Towell & John Martin both seemed to know a lot about Phantom and Wooldridge boats and boats in general, good guys
    I work down at the port and saw a black Wooldridge XL SJ come in the tag said it was for Marita. I bet you could see it by Friday or Saturday a pretty loaded up boat black like TJM'S with a 2 axle trailer, disc brakes, with 3ft bench seats.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    I love to run down there and buy it but. I cant afford it unless someone whated to buy my predator and the girl freind would be ok with cans of beans and moose all winter and no date night. Mite even have to walk to work. man i love to have that wooly tho. Why should TJM have all the fun

  10. #10
    Member tjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Why should TJM have all the fun
    I shouldn't...that's why we'll have to run this summer...less than 4 months to go 'til we can get 'em wet again...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

  11. #11
    Member skybust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    alaska
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    I love to run down there and buy it but. I cant afford it unless someone whated to buy my predator and the girl freind would be ok with cans of beans and moose all winter and no date night. Mite even have to walk to work. man i love to have that wooly tho. Why should TJM have all the fun
    Mike I know what you mean LOL my wife would kill me if even said the word boat when we got the SJX I told her this it I wont need another boat. But then again wooly wasnt making a SJ at that time either. Owell they are all fun to run come on spring

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •