Thread: Arrow Question?

Wink Arrow Question?

I'm a long time bowhunter , old school type, finger shooter, heavy aluminum arrows two blade cut on contact type heads ect. Question is this, how many of you arrow makers out there orient your fletching with the broadhead blades? If you do do you find this makes a diffrence in arrow flight? Thanks Bill.
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30

I do this. Once align I shoot them and see how they are.Most of the time they will fly dead on. If they are not align they are way off the mark.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I've tested it both ways and found that aligning didn't matter, although some arrows fly well with broadheads and some don't. I am now using Blazer vanes and they seem to shoot the best.

I also think it has allot to do with your bow and the # your shoot. For me I found that 66# is the magic number.
    Second for some reason my bow/arrows can not shoot 4 bladed BH. With a 3BH I have to align them up withth e vanes and they shoot great
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Theoretically

Theoretically it is not supposed to matter. Some broadheads do fly better than others. I feel that it is more due to the straightness of the arrow, knock alignment, insert alignment and the broadhead. It only takes a little error with one of the four to make an arrow inaccurate.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Wink

I've also tested bolth ways and , also find no diffrence. I"ve known people who work in anchery shops and they seem to feel that its important. But I find no diffrence. Oh well live and learn. Bill. (PS.My setup 70lbs 31 inch 2317 , magnus 2 blade 125. 5 inch left wing feathers. )
    Last edited by Longhunter7; 02-17-2007 at 04:32. Reason: setup data missing
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30

I agree, that bad arrows in a bunch will cause bad hits not matter what you do. I also belive in there is a difference in tunning and fine tunning your equipment.

I have seen people tunning there arrows with BH. they will shoot at a 5 spot and if they hit anywhere on that five spot they call good.

But people like me will fine tune that BH to which we will shoot and adjust the BH and arrow until it hit the X in the five spot.

YES I do have a collection of arrows that I can not get fine tuned. I just leave them at home. For my trip this summer to Africa I ordered two dozen arrows. Out of those I gusses anywhere from 3-4 arrows will not make the cut. They will become stupid chicken arrows
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Thumbs up

I also do this .
    This is the only way I do it although I have not tried any other way !!!
    Works for me ..

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Default Best

A five spot is great. Number the arrows and the targets and only shoot the same arrow at each numbered target. You can easily tell which arrow is best. Then you can try to correct the worst ones (spin test, check inserts) and place the best ones in your quiver as your primary arrows.

guess I dont see the logic of it. Even with 3 fletch and 3 blades, by the time the feathers hit where the blade was at, it's still going to be cutting disturbed air. Thats the hole point in fine tuning. Like others I've seen no difference however as my nick implies I am a stickbow shooter, though more anal then most about tuning, my bh's are angled at an angle I've seen no other person do and it works perfect for me and my set up.

Default TB

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    my bh's are angled at an angle I've seen no other person do and it works perfect for me and my set up.
    TB - What angle do you attach your broadheads at and how could it not affect the flight? Basic aerodynamics would suggest erratic flight.