Thread: ice fishing -Memory Lake

Default ice fishing -Memory Lake

Tried Memory Lake for a couple of hours on Sunday. The ice was about 6 inches thick. Only hooked two.

Memory lake used to be a dynamite lake for ice fishing. Then someone threw some pike in there, and it hasn't ever been the same since. Occasionally I hear about someone pulling a nice pike outta there. But I think the days of pulling out 20+ inch rainbows are no longer. Thanks for the ice report. I am hoping to get some ice fishing in over Thanksgiving. I just hope this freezing rain stops.

where's memory lake? directions please?

It's off of Schrock rd. near Lucille on the mountain side of Wasilla. From Wasilla take Lucille st. to the end (T's with Schrock). Turn right on Schrock then take a left on Hebrides which will go a short distance and T with Iverness. Turn left and the public access will be on your right.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Be careful. This time of year there are usually a few 3 x 4 holes in the ice from people trying to spear pike.

Quote Originally Posted by ssminnow View Post
    Be careful. This time of year there are usually a few 3 x 4 holes in the ice from people trying to spear pike.
    Yeah I hear that! Rolled up on a few last year on other lakes that got my attention real fast! Don't know why they have to make them that dang big. I wish they would stick to the long narrow ones. Much safer. JMO
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

i have donE it before and i like the 3x4 foot holes seems to work better..but if they were smart all you have to do is put a stick in each corner and people will see that you probably shouldnt walk between the sticks. hope they are smart enought to push their ice blocks back into the holes so a snowmobile doesnt get a nice surprise...and if u push them back in it freezes up alot faster.

Good points, I agree!
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Quote Originally Posted by ssminnow View Post
    That just doesn't sound very entertaining to me. Standing there in the cold waiting for a fish to swim by so you can stab it? Are these people like really hungry and can't afford to buy poles and bait?

what you said is true but it beats watching the tube
    an it is fun I have been told, never have tried it but ome day I will
    SID

Pike spearing is a blast. So is shooting them with a bow and arrow. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    That just doesn't sound very entertaining to me. Standing there in the cold waiting for a fish to swim by so you can stab it? Are these people like really hungry and can't afford to buy poles and bait?
    Spears, Traps, Nets, hooked poles or High Explosives should be outlawed...nothing beats "poles and bait".
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Spears, Traps, Nets, hooked poles or High Explosives should be outlawed...nothing beats "poles and bait".
    I'd like to try spearing through a hole in the ice some day ...or maybe bow fishing.
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3