Thread: Has Anyone fished the Blossom River in SE?

Default Has Anyone fished the Blossom River in SE?

Has anyone fished the Blossom river out of the Boca De Quadra area in SE? I've been thinking of doing a multiday trip in that Drainage in Sept.

Any tips or comments on that area are welcomed and appreciated.

Grits

I went to Boca De Quadra while we were waiting for a Kah Shakes herring opener. I'm not sure what river it was but I hiked about a 1/2 mile and came to a 30 foot waterfall. The only fishing gear we had was one old halibut rod w/ white dacron line and a rusty #5 silver vibrax. I casted into the pool beneath the falls and my old Penn backlashed bad. I was busy clearing it and my buddy says, "hey check it out a jumper"! There was a jumper alright it was a 36" spring steelhead buck just a shakin its head and swiping that huge 6" spatula tail against the side of its face trying to knock that vibrax out of its mouth. Ended up landing it but we let it go cause we weren't sure of the regs and the fish Cops and the CG had already boarded us and fish&game was planning another boarding right before the opener to measure our mesh size on our herring gillnet. Thats all I know.

Fullbush,
    Thanks for the reply. I wonder if that wasn't Humpback Cr.? Maybe I should be thinking about wondering in there somewhere around the "M" months as well as Sept.?

I'm almost finished with school (again). Jeez, if I'm not careful, I'll end up living up there in BDQ or Smeaton in a little mud hut along the river.

Yeah Grits I think it was like the 10th of April. I think it was Humpback,, I can't remember exactly it was 1991

That is truely out in the middle of no where and then some. Since the lakes (blossom, wilson) are noted for landlocked cutthroat/kokanee but not coho I assume there is a waterfall/steep gradient somewhere that prevents passage to them, and I'm guessing the fishing is best near salt. I bet guides go in there if the fishing is any good, but they rarely post if it's a sleeper. Anyway, hope ya go for it and post something here.

Will keep you posted (no pun intended). I'll take a camera just in case (also, no pun intended).
    Grits