Thread: Moose hunting on the Salchaket slough

Default Moose hunting on the Salchaket slough

I was wondering if anyone had any info on hunting the Salchaket slough. "moose population, hunter activity,ext".
    I was looking at moose hunting this area next year.

Lots of hunters, lots of activity along the slough and creeks. Try to get off the river a ways and find some open meadows with spruce forests around. Lots of moose in there, but quite a few got pushed away because of the burn. I stay away from Salchaket myself.

Salchaket gets a lot of pressure during the years with high water, and moderate pressure the other years. If You are looking to research an area for next moose season, I would recommend looking further from town, and off the water. anything with access that easy gets hunted hard, even hours from town. Not saying you would never see moose, but you will see a lot of other hunters ( a lot )
    60% of men don't know what they have until they lose it
    15% aren't sure but figure it's better than nothing
    25% know exactly what they have and would do anything to lose it or give it to someone else

Thanks for the info.

been there twice, took 2 cows. Both hunts over in 2 days. There is moose in there but like others have said plenty of traffic. Most are airboats and most never even get out of their boat.......