Thread: Bank fishing in Juneau

Default Bank fishing in Juneau

Will be stopping on a cruise the first week of August, 2011. Need info on places to fish. All CPR, no keepers. Any info would be helpful.

Go down by the hatchery, at the coffee shop at the top of the dock they rent fishing poles, you can rent one catch fish and just return the pole to get your deposit back. Good luck

Ok, Thanks for the info. Will be there August 7, 2011. Anybody plan on crusin the ocen and wants company, let me know. We would be happy to kick in for gas and food.

On our first trip to Alaska I rented a car while in Juneau and drove about an hour and fished under the bridge at Cowee Creek. Good paved road no big deal. For me and my daughter it was crazy fun. Pink salmon 3-5 lbs and a few chum salmon 5-10 lbs. No special gear just threw pixies and spinners. Important to reel slow enough to bump the bottom on the retrieve. We got a fish or a strike on almost every cast. Also caught a few on my 5 wt flyrod. Call Fish & Game in Juneau about the current situation when you're there. They were really helpful. You might post the same question on the saltwater forum. There are some Juneau guys on there.

Kowee creek is a great recommendation, however you will need a vehicle to get you to the creek. Great fishing for me when i visited Juneau. I used a 6wt fly rod and egg sucking leechs, hard ware worked for my host for the local fishing opportunities(which lives there in Juneau) You can also email the flyshop in Juneau also, they gave me some suggestions and advice on fishing the area for no cost. They have strip maps to all the local areas for fishing, maybe they could send you one.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

The coffee shop that rented poles at DIPAC is gone. But early august there will be loads and loads of chums in at the hatchery, a few kings still kickin' around. Most creeks will have plenty of pinks and chums as well.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.